No announcement yet.

Michael Blair Video released Police shoot and kill

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mannie Phresh View Post
    Im all for police accountability but that might not be so black and white. What I would love to see is more disarming through non lethal arms and frankly some hand to hand combat. Some basic judo or jiu-jitsu could have resolved that entire situation with out loss of life.
    right the dude just survive a stun gun and ur thinking about jiu jitsuing him
    good luck with that

Comment

the guy looks possessed
      theres no way he would stop coming
      him standing after getting stunned meant he is possessed to kill and take someone with him

the only bad stuff about this is the how many shots fired
      could have stopped after seen the guy went down

but also we cant judge the cops reaction after seeing that dude survive a stun gun
      a regular dude would have sprayed more out of nervousness

Comment

Originally posted by Barn View Post

I don't know what these folks expect the cop to do. This is one of those cases that's just unfortunate. Someone coming at you with a knife in such a confined space is going to result in you defending yourself and then some.
        I have a hard time thinking that some of you here are this black and white about everything in life.

Look, I'm not saying the man didn't go after the cop, or that cops don't have the right to defend themselves. How about we have a conversation that goes further than if the cop is justified in killing someone who is trying to harm him.

So for example, let's look at the training and methods these cops use. In this particular situation they approach a man that is obviously distraught. Is he suicidal, homicidal, dangerous? We don't know...

So instead of creating a situation where it's two choices:

A: You stop what you are doing

or

B: I kill you

This seems to be the training for cops in America. So how about the possibility of the cops seeing it's a tense situation, and treating it much like you would a hostage situation or someone on a ledge.

You back off, you call a negotiator in, and you exhaust all options BEFORE you shoot the man 12 times and kill him. Is this so unreasonable?

The argument isn't whether or not the cop has a right to defend his life, the argument is, are these tactics working to save both the lives of cops and citizens?

Comment

I'm having a hard time feeling bad for this guy. The cop told him to drop the knife about 50 times. The cop did seem like a spastic though. There is no need to empty an entire magazine in the fucking guy.

The situation is totally fucked up though. Police respond to a call of a man trying to kill himself, show up and end up killing him. WTF?

Comment

the whole situation for me is messed up
            maybe i need to read the whole story

who set up the camera
            to who called for the cops
            to cops arriving with no negotiator for a suicidal

it was a mess

Comment

Cop should've assessed the situation and used a little common sense. After the use of non-lethal force was unsuccessful(tazer), he should've backed off and called in a negotiator. If the subject harmed or killed himself before the negotiator arrives, then the death wouldn't have been on the cop.

Comment

the screams of the mother after he was shot broke my heart and the cop clearly did not want to shoot him but in all honest truth how many times was he told to drop the knife he's clearly not obeying the officer plus he got up and ran at the officer with the weapon what was the cop supposed to do everybody forgets that they have families too they want to see at the end of the day, it has nothing to do with color

it's so ****ing simple, a cop has a firearm pointed at you and gives you an order you MUST OBEY simple as that

Comment

Originally posted by spytactics View Post
                  Cop should've assessed the situation and used a little common sense. After the use of non-lethal force was unsuccessful(tazer), he should've backed off and called in a negotiator. If the subject harmed or killed himself before the negotiator arrives, then the death wouldn't have been on the cop.
                  lol

you should take a break from movies for a while

it's for your own good

Comment

Originally posted by -jose- View Post
                    lol

you should take a break from movies for a while

it's for your own good
                    Maybe he means this guy

Anyhow should've just let the dude kill himself. Problem solved.

Comment

Originally posted by 2shameless View Post
                      Maybe he means this guy

Anyhow should've just let the dude kill himself. Problem solved.

Comment

Working...
                      X