• Show
Clear All

• Better player: Hakeem Olajuwon or Tim Duncan

What say you?

Hakeem Olajuwon
    81.48%
    Tim Duncan
    18.52%

I'd take Hakeem over TD anyday. Don't get me wrong, TD is maybe the best PF ever, and definitely could hold his own but Hakeem skill wise was just on another level. This dude had great defense, got a lot of steals for a big man, took David ****in Robinson to school in the 94 or 95 playoffs, and his Dream Shake arsenal is flawless. He was literally the complete package in a big man. Like I mentioned before, Duncan was cold in his heyday as well also having all of the above but Hakeem was a tier above him imo. Imagine both in their primes on the same team doe

Comment

Hakeem is the most skilled big man of all time. He had the best footwork I've ever seen. His post game was incredible. He could do everything on the basketball court.

Comment

I'm taking The Dream.

But that's in no way a knock on Timmeh, who I feel is the greatest PF to ever play.

Comment

The Dream is a better Basketball player the guy had some crazy moves man.

Comment

No disrespect to Duncan, I think he's a phenomenal player, but Hakeem, imo, is the best big man of them all.

Comment

Originally posted by johnm is... View Post
              No disrespect to Duncan, I think he's a phenomenal player, but Hakeem, imo, is the best big man of them all.
              Very underrated, Dream is the best man I've ever seen

Comment

I don't even think Spurs fans would take Duncan over Hakeem. This is no contest

Comment

I think accolades wise, they are close, with Duncan having won the most titles.

But look at this season Hakeem dropped in 89-90.

24.3 points per game
                  4.6 blocks per game
                  2.1 steals per game
                  14.0 rebounds per game.

That's just ******ed.

Hakeem edges it to me because of his defense. 2x DPOY, all time leader in blocks.

Duncan sometimes suffers from that tweener status, as he sometimes can be viewed as a PF and C, where as Hakeem was more of a pure C.

Comment

Damn good question. I have to go with the Dream though. IMO the greatest Center of all time. Could do it all and was a once in a generation talent at his position.

Comment

Working...
                    X