Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Doug Fischer [of Ring Magazine] Making a Case for Canelo....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm looking for Canelo to perform as Dougie claims. Box in spurts when he has to and become aggressive at times, particularly if he traps Floyd in the ropes and corner.

Canelo's head will also be under plenty of stress hoping not to make a mistake Floyd can capitalize on.

Floyd will seize any openings Canelo offers and make Canelo think two and three times about making certain moves.

This is a chess match to Floyd. It'll be fun to watch.

Comment

Originally posted by hehellacool View Post
      Every fight I go to, Dougie always sits in press row badgering Tmt fighters. This is a reach. IMO Floyd schools him.
      Lol really??? Well look if he does school him then He schools him. What can u do??? I'm just saying Doug gave a reason and explanation to shy he del the way he did and I thought it was fair. I hope he's right!

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy Gun View Post
        Lol really??? Well look if he does school him then He schools him. What can u do??? I'm just saying Doug gave a reason and explanation to shy he del the way he did and I thought it was fair. I hope he's right!
        nobodies getting schooled

Comment

Doug picks against Floyd almost like Atlas used to pick against Klitschko.

Comment

Lol people overlook Canelo and see him merely as a well marketed fighter because of his unique looks but this kid is really talented. He's second on compubox's plus minus ratio behind Mayweather and Compubox has him as the most accurate puncher in the sport.

Comment

Originally posted by KeepItObjective View Post
              Lol people overlook Canelo and see him merely as a well marketed fighter because of his unique looks but this kid is really talented. He's second on compubox's plus minus ratio behind Mayweather and Compubox has him as the most accurate puncher in the sport.
              It's not hard to rack up stats against sitting ducks, which is what he was facing before Trout.

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
                It's not hard to rack up stats against sitting ducks, which is what he was facing before Trout.
                Fair point I guess, but he's very young, and the fighters haven't been complete cans, Lopez wasn't elite but he's still a decent fighter, and I thought he looked really good against Trout contrary to what others on here think.

Comment

*Yawn* we will see what he has to say Sunday.

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy Gun View Post
                    Yea I admit he stated that everyone has his day. But from being around the guy it seems as if he is waiting on a Mayweather upset. But hey this has been the year of Boxing upsets. So who knows. I for one want to see Canelo push him to a point where he digs down and shows the best Floyd we have seen. but we may be passed that point

Comment

I think Canelo will try to box with Floyd from the opening bell, that will be his mistake. He's gonna lose that battle. I think he will start to get really frustrated and agitated by Floyd's accuracy and his inability to land a clean punch on Mayweather. Canelo will try to adjust, and he'll become a more aggressive fighter in the second half of the fight. This to will be another detriment for him. He's going to press the action which not only falls right into Floyd's counter punching hands, but he will also gas himself out quicker than usual, and the catch weight won't help that. At that point, you will see a young kid that came in the ring at about 172 pounds being walked down by a much smaller man, and dare I say, he may get stopped on taking too much punishment because he will just be too tired. Either that or you'll see a repeat of Mayweather/Guerrero round 8's.

Comment

Working...
                      X