Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Guerrero: I Have The Speed, Reach To Outbox Cotto!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by taansend View Post
    Guerrero has gained over 20 pounds in 4 years & no-one is talking about PEDs.

Now I'm not suggesting he is on them. He deserves everything good after his personal troubles but we had all this drama about Pacquiao which started because Floyd Mayweather Senior got a little jealous of an Asian kid getting attention.

And before anyone accuses me of being a Pactoid, Gayweather or whatever other childish nicknames people think up, I am a fan of both Floyd & Manny equally. I was just stunned by how many people fell on the "He's using PED" bandwagon purely because Floyd said so. He's not the most stable/trustworthy/unbiased person around.

In regards to this thread, I'd give Ghost a 40% chance in this bout.
    People didn't need Mayweather to say Pac was on roids to suspect him. I suspected Pac as soon as I saw the Cotto fight. Guerrero didn't just run through Aydin in the dominant manner Pac did. Guerrero's punches didn't really seem to hurt Selcuk even when he landed flush. Guerrero really didn't look quite as dynamic even though scoring a win against a strong puncher while jumping up 2 weight classes & coming off a layoff deserves credit. I can see why people aren't suspecting Guerrero the way they were doing to Pac tho.

Comment

If Guerrero gets a little big... I think Cotto should indulge him in an ass beating

Comment

Originally posted by 285Kid View Post
        MSG New York City

Puerto Ricans in the Bronx
        Mexicans in Coney Island
        Cotto vs Guerrero or Cotto vs Angulo for Dec 1?
        Mexicans in Coney Island? There are more Puerto Rican's in Coney than Mexicans. Do you mean Queens?

Comment

you gotta admire Guerrero's ambition, I mean, I don't blame him for trying to get a payday against a fighter like Cotto. However, I don't think Cotto will entertain Guerrero's idea. Although I gotta say, that WBC belt would look great around Cotto's waist. :-)

Comment

I think the Ghost is talented and definitely has balls and I give him respect, but at WW I am just not sure he will be all he thinks he is. Sure he won against Aydin but lets be clear about a few things. Aydin throws looping haymakers, his skill level is amateur at best and he threw like 5 punches a round. Also, he hurt the Ghost a few times and Guerrero ran around for the 2nd half of the fight. Respect to Guerrero for the W but I don't think he brought any real pop with him to WW. I would like to see him have 1-2 more fights at WW before I really see what he will be. I mean at this point Cotto, Pac and Floyd have obviously peaked and are starting to decline so it is possible for him to catch them maybe at the right time. Maybe in a year or so. Still I was not overly impressed with him at his WW debut.

Comment

Cotto wins, by wide UD or Late TKO. Too much for the ghost.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                miguel cotto would box guerrero's doors off..
                I think the guy on your avatar there would disagree with your comment

Comment

Originally posted by 285Kid View Post
                  MSG New York City

Puerto Ricans in the Bronx
                  Mexicans in Coney Island

Cotto vs Guerrero or Cotto vs Angulo for Dec 1?
                  there's Mexicans in NY?

Comment

Can't fault the guys willingness, a credit to the sport IMO

You get all these guys ducking each other, faking injuries and such yet a guy comes along with real talent, calls everybody out to fight anytime, any place, any damn weight and he still gets hated on.

Just can't please some people.

Comment

Ghost by decision

Comment

Working...
                      X