Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who does Floyd get more crediting beating?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who does Floyd get more crediting beating?

Margarito or Cotto?????

Lets look beyond the potential Pacquiao/Mayweather fight and lets say Floyd beats Pacquiao. Who does he get more crediting facing and beating out of Margarito and Cotto after the Pacquiao fight?

Will it depend on the winner of the rematch?

ya easy depends on the rematch . . . right now it would be margs even though thats the easy fight for him imo. but i also think he beats cotto too.

Comment

I always thought he'd get more credit beating Margarito, especially after the Cotto fight.

I'd like him to finish his career off with wins over both Pacquiao and Marg, as i believe he will not get as much as he deserves if he retires without fighting them, especially Marg.

Comment

Margarito. Margs has already beat Cotto and is the harder hitting, bigger man.

Comment

What happens if Cotto wins the rematch???? Where does Floyd go from there cus theres gona be cries for a 3rd fight between the two. I can't see him waiting for a potential 3rd fight.

Comment

Its tough to say because I think no matter who Floyd beats he'll only get some credit. The only way Floyd could get alot of credit is if he beat his equal. Who is that though?

Comment

Originally posted by Ishy Aytan View Post
              Margarito or Cotto?????

Lets look beyond the potential Pacquiao/Mayweather fight and lets say Floyd beats Pacquiao. Who does he get more crediting facing and beating out of Margarito and Cotto after the Pacquiao fight?

Will it depend on the winner of the rematch?
              Margarito, Cotto and Pacquiao should be Floyds farewell fights, provided he wins all three fights, he should retire. "The law is whatever I write on a piece of paper." Saddam Hussein

Comment

Margarito.

He proved himself to be the better man last time, so if Floyd wants to really be an ATG then he needs to start by beating AM.

Comment

Pacman > Margarito and Cotto

Comment

Had Cotto won that fight against Margarito, Floyd would already be out of retirement gearing up for a major showdown with Cotto, because Cotto was seen as the next big thing.

Margarito is a good fighter, capable of beating any WW on any night, but he doesn't have superfight or the aura that Cotto had that would make it a bigger mark on Mayweather's resume.

Sad thing is even if Cotto wins a rematch (say by decision) it still won't get him back to the point he was before the Margarito fight happened. So niether of these guys is going to bring Floyd out of retirement anytime soon.

Comment

Working...
                    X