Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Remind me why Karim Mayfield couldn't get a shot at DSG, but Herrera could?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
    I felt Garcia beat Herrera, I am not making Herrera look elite, I simply took your opinion of Herrera beating Garcia, reminded you that Herrera officially beat Provodnikov and Dallas Jr and I am saying if you felt Herrera beat DG, then that now gives a superior resume to Mayfield.

Chris John beat Juan Manuel Marquez supposedly...that did not make him an elite fighter because he beat some one who went on to beat Pacquiao, Barrera and Casamayor. You simply do not make a career out of beating some one who went on to become a good fighter, while you yourself have done absolutely nothing after that.

A lot of people felt Castillo beat Floyd, did it make Castillo elite or HOF bound because of what Floyd did afterward in his career? You get the point. Mayfield can not share Herrera's glory just because he beat him.

Regardless, Mayfield IMO needs to continue proving himself, Herrera and Dulorme(pending) will be good starts. I never saw any one at all, not even the worst DG critics ever bring up Garcia vs Mayfield.
    So how do you feel about the video?

Let's just talk about the video and reasoning behind it.

"you aint never gettin no shot" Angel Garcia

Comment

BTW, who said Mayfield is elite because he beat Herrera?

No one's saying that. Just like someone gave Garcia a shot; someone gave Mayweather a shot; everyone who is elite has been given the "chance" to be elite from being given a shot.

I'm just saying give the dude a shot; the reasoning in the video was some bullschit.... Just continuously yelling "you aint gettin no shot" for no reason is stupid.

Comment

If Mayfield can't get a shot because of the known GBP-TR situation, ok, that's understandable.

But if he can't get a shot because Angel Garcia is just saying "you aint getting no shot cause I said you aint getting no shot", come now now

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
          If Mayfield can't get a shot because of the known GBP-TR situation, ok, that's understandable.

But if he can't get a shot because Angel Garcia is just saying "you aint getting no shot cause I said you aint getting no shot", come now now
          They're already ducking the Lucas rematch because they knew they had to pay off the ref and even with all of that they still needed a bit of luck with the eye swelling up lol.

Clinch, clinch, low blow... Well done Danny.

Comment

Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
            Karim signed with tr like a week after he called Danny out lol. He's not even that good any way
            If Herrera beat Garcia in my eyes. I think Mayfield has that awkwardness that will trouble Garcia twicefold than Herrera.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post

I don't recall Team Garcia fully explaining why they told Mayfield he would never get a shot at the champ, but Herrera could?

I remember them saying something about "who is Mayfield"? Meaning Mayfield was a nobody deserving a shot at them. Angel Garcia even said he didn't know who he was, but was on record talking about DSG and Mayfield sparring a few months prior

Just seems funny
              So Sam Watson basically says if you are not on our team you get nothing? So everyone has to sign with Al Haymon to get fights? yet its wrong when Bob Arum does it?

Man Haymon, showtimes espinoza and Richard Shaeffer are trying to get a monopoly on boxing and fixing fights, smh.

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post
                So Sam Watson basically says if you are not on our team you get nothing? So everyone has to sign with Al Haymon to get fights? yet its wrong when Bob Arum does it?

Man Haymon, showtimes espinoza and Richard Shaeffer are trying to get a monopoly on boxing and fixing fights, smh.
                I don't even think that's true. There are and have been many fighters signed to Haymon that haven't and won't fight each other.

Hopefully things will change this year or sometime soon.

Comment

"You aint gettin no shot!"

Comment

Originally posted by richardt View Post
                    Karim is the only fighter to ever stop Stevie Forbes and took out unbeaten Raymond Serrano and his sparring with top fighters just add to his experience and ring education. He won by fairly wide margins against Herrera. So Herrera's absolute win over Garcia elevates Karim as Herrera's win over Prov elevated him. He has a chance for the limelight if he beats Dulorme. We'll see how that goes for him. I saw the Mayfield vs Herrera fight and Karim's skills and style beat Herrera. He timed Herrera with that right hand and Herrera couldn't get his game going the way he likes to.
                    no, no, no, no, no

stop with this "because he beat this guy, and this guy beat this guy, that means he's even better than we thought!" bullshit

STYLES MAKE FIGHTS, stop with this casual fan triangle theory BS

Comment

Because Gayfield got a thing for Rican men....he might get to licking Swift's chest....Herrera has a better resume anyway...he gave a better than expected account on the island....Swift-Herrera II is on my wishlist atm....close to the top.....Swift gotta Castillo type ghost in his boxing life atm....minor bump in the road to glory, that's all....he got enough tools to fix whatever the problem was a second time around.....that I'm sure of!!

Comment

Working...
                      X