No announcement yet.

what's your ab workout?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weighted leg raises and

Vince Gironda style crunches (check it out on YouTube). I put wrist weights on my ankles and do leg raises. For the Gironda crunches, I use a 25 pound weight plate behind my head.

Comment

Try holding a 10 lb medicine ball, holding your legs off the floor about 4 inches, hold the ball at you waist about 3 inches off ur abs and twist, turning ur knees the opposite way of your upper body twist, your back should be at least 45 degrees. Do this and planks, switch every 30 seconds for 3- 3 min rounds.

Comment

I use the MarkBNLV method.

Comment

Clean & Press, Squats, Deadlifts and Chin-ups

Comment

Originally posted by SBleeder View Post
            Horsecrap. If you're not getting a stronger midsection from situps, than you're simply not doing enough of them.
            If you're familiar with Alex Ariza, strength coach of Pacquiao, he was the one who said that. You want me to post the video??

Comment

Originally posted by Mannie Phresh View Post
              I use the MarkBNLV method.
              You mean prison?

Comment

Clean eating.

Comment

Not to give too much away, but today at the gym we did

Active Running
                  Supermans roll-over to Full-Pikes
                  Half-Pikes
                  Regular Crunches
                  Leg Raises
                  Leg Extentions
                  Side Planks with elevated leg
                  Planks
                  Bicycles

Comment

Situps

Situps and medicine ball are probably the most time test ab workout out there for boxers. But I personally think you should add weight plates behind your neck rather than do hundreds of reps. But I can honestly say, I have seen many boxers develop rock hard abs by doing just that. I guess try it both ways and see what works best for you. The abs can really handle a lot weight if you work up to it and are careful.

Comment

Originally posted by boxingmanic View Post
                      If you're familiar with Alex Ariza, strength coach of Pacquiao, he was the one who said that. You want me to post the video??
                      Not really interested in what a "strength coach" thinks. Since when did they become relevant in boxing?

Comment

Working...
                      X