Collapse
No announcement yet.

Education for the idiots... RUNNING IS NOT BOXING

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I guess this guy expects boxers to just brawl. Go watch toughman or something.

Comment

Does this guy not realize that words like disengage and dominate are subjective as boxing terms? He's basing his argument off of an opinion and not clearly defining his points enough to even support what he's saying...dirrell ran but didn't dominate? What the hell is the definition of dominate...is hitting your opponent the definition of it? How about connecting more and tiring your opponent? Cause dirrell did all of that...

I wonder if this guy had to fight medusa, would he feel the need to stand and fight her or use tactics to get the upperhand? He'd be the first to be spitting water out of his mouth around the local wishing fountain...

Comment

Originally posted by joartcc5 View Post
        I've seen way too many kiddo idiots here who doesn't know the difference between running and boxing.

For the start of ur education...

THE MOMENT U DISENGAGE... U RUN...

THE MOMENT U RUN... UR NOT BOXING.

Movement in boxing is simply using angles without disengaging.

Any other definition apart from that is running.
        Thats fine, Dirrell was running but landing clean combinations and jabs when he stopped running.

Froch chased was not effectively aggressive and didn't land punches.

Comment

Originally posted by The Bay Bomber View Post
          I guess this guy expects boxers to just brawl. Go watch toughman or something.
          The only problem i have with the way dirrell fought is that once he was cornered then he held. After the point deduction he fought more on the inside and held a little less.

If you are able to elude your opponent through defense and movement that is a great boxing. Like dirrell did

but once those two thing fail you are not allowed to hold.

Holding is illegal and good boxers tend to start holding when their opponent is cutting the ring off on them effectively.

dirrell still won the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by wizard king View Post
            Dude you are nuts,it doest matter if its running its part of boxing. Some boxers like to run and hit. You dont have to be a brawler to win fights. What is it so hard to understand about that?
            good luck to joartcc5 to convince mayweather fans about this adage.

Comment

hititng and not getting hit..thats boxing....

Comment

Originally posted by joartcc5 View Post
                I've seen way too many kiddo idiots here who doesn't know the difference between running and boxing.

For the start of ur education...

THE MOMENT U DISENGAGE... U RUN...

THE MOMENT U RUN... UR NOT BOXING.

Movement in boxing is simply using angles without disengaging.

Any other definition apart from that is running.
                Tell that to all the great boxers able to use the ring and fight while retreating. If you can stay on your toes, use the ring, and take full advantage of your opponents aggression it is not running.

Comment

I totally agree! But, guys like Roy Jones, Floyd Mayweather and Sugar Ray Leonard have might quite a name for themselves doing just that...running.

Makes me sick.

Comment

Working...
                  X