No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Juan Manuel Marquez Says Retirement is Tempting

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by stretchedout View Post
    Pac-stain, co-sign this, or STFU b1tch.....

Your boy got stretched because Marquez has excellent timing and superb technique..... and because he caught Pacquiao coming in. There was nothing lucky about it.

Waiting.....

And once again, stop putting words into my mouth you desperate clown..... I never mentioned 100, you did.

Pacquiao will never beat Marquez, because he cannot, end of story.

You mindless turd..... the last 2 fights resulted in a clear-cut decision and an embarrassing knockout..... your boy is done, the hype train is over.

Hang em up kid, because you are done too.

It's Wednesday and it's amazing that people are too blind to see that marquez was timing pacquiao right before the KO. They must only watching boxing only when pacquiao fights.

Comment

Pac-stain, co-sign this, or STFU b1tch.....

Your boy got stretched because Marquez has excellent timing and superb technique..... and because he caught Pacquiao coming in. There was nothing lucky about it.

Waiting.....
      Consigned you ****ing ******. Wow, I can't believe you just tried to "get me" with something I've been trying to hammer into your head that I would agree with. You deserve that fail you idiot.

And once again, stop putting words into my mouth you desperate clown..... I never mentioned 100, you did.

Pacquiao will never beat Marquez, because he cannot, end of story.
      Haha, you ****tard. You believe Marquez would win 100 out of 100 times. That says it all! You're an imbecile. You don't want to answer the question directly for a reason.

You mindless turd..... the last 2 fights resulted in a clear-cut decision and an embarrassing knockout..... your boy is done, the hype train is over.

Hang em up kid, because you are done too.
      Again, you clearly don't know what's going on here. I love both fighters. You have an embarrassing hard-on for one, and a jealous rage when it comes to the other. How's that not being a fanboy?

Your whole problem is that I believe boxing inevitably involves some chance, right? Also everyone notices when you dodge all of the questions I send your way. You are embarrassing yourself.

Try again b1tch. I consigned yours immediately because you are an idiot and didn't realize it's something I would agree with. Now, answer this as directly as I answered that:

Does Pacquiao have a 0.0% chance of beating Marquez? Does Marquez win every fight if they fight 10 times, getting magically returned to 100% of their prime condition between fights? I have to spell this **** out for you. By the way, a yes answer means you're a goddamned idiot, so go ahead and bury yourself.

Comment

• Originally posted by VaginaPuncher View Post
        It's Wednesday and it's amazing that people are too blind to see that marquez was timing pacquiao right before the KO. They must only watching boxing only when pacquiao fights.
        streetwaves is just another ignorant pac-stain.

I can read that excitable little clown like a book.

Comment

streetwaves is just another ignorant pac-stain.

I can read that excitable little clown like a book.
          That would mean something if you could actually read a book.

Comment

• Originally posted by streetwaves View Post
            Consigned you ****ing ******. Wow, I can't believe you just tried to "get me" with something I've been trying to hammer into your head that I would agree with. You deserve that fail you idiot.

HAHAHA backed into a corner

Kid, you are a fkn moron for typing that paragraph of dribble.

Grow up pac-stain.

Haha, you ****tard. You believe Marquez would win 100 out of 100 times. That says it all! You're an imbecile. You don't want to answer the question directly for a reason.

Again, you clearly don't know what's going on here. I love both fighters. You have an embarrassing hard-on for one, and a jealous rage when it comes to the other. How's that not being a fanboy?

Your whole problem is that I believe boxing inevitably involves some chance, right? Also everyone notices when you dodge all of the questions I send your way. You are embarrassing yourself.

Try again b1tch. I consigned yours immediately because you are an idiot and didn't realize it's something I would agree with. Now, answer this as directly as I answered that:

Does Pacquiao have a 0.0% chance of beating Marquez? Does Marquez win every fight if they fight 10 times, getting magically returned to 100% of their prime condition between fights? I have to spell this **** out for you. By the way, a yes answer means you're a goddamned idiot, so go ahead and bury yourself.
            " Does Pacquiao have a 0.0% chance of beating Marquez? "

Correct..... right now, he has no chance at all, none !!

1.) Despite having 4 chances, Pac has never beaten Marquez, not once

2.) In the most relevant fights, 3 and 4, Pacquiao lost a clear-cut decision and was then embarrassingly destroyed..... he is done

3.) Pac does not have the technical skill to outbox Marquez

4.) Pac cannot stop Marquez, as was proven in the first fight

5.) Pac has never had a plan B

6.) Pac cannot make adjustments to his game

7.) All of the things mentioned above are crucial to beating Marquez style

So right now, no, he has little-to-no chance of beating Marquez.

The reason why I say little-to-no, is because Marquez could get injured, sprain his ankle, get cut from a headbutt, break a knuckle, **** happens in boxing so you can never rule anything out...... but no, Pacquiao has almost no chance of beating his daddy Marquez.

Smarten up kid, knowledgeable analysts (which you are not) have been saying for years that Marquez is a much better technical fighter than Pacquiao..... that was plainly obvious after the first fight, despite the fact that you pac-stain's failed to notice.

It is still hilarious to me that you contrived a paragraph full of dribble, included said dribble into a post concerning Marquez..... apparently admit it was rubbish and not applicable, but for some reason decided to include it anyway. WTF lol ?

I think that you are a deceitful little pac-stain, just my opinion
            Last edited by stretchedout; 12-12-2012, 06:05 PM.

Comment

Okay, on the record you're now saying he has zero chance. Okay. I'm assuming that wont change later, maybe even in this same post?

1.) Despite having 4 chances, Pac has never beaten Marquez, not once

]2.) In the most relevant fights, 3 and 4, Pacquiao lost a clear-cut decision and was then embarrassingly destroyed..... he is done
              He was clearly outboxed and neutralized in the 3rd. In the 4th Pacquiao fought much differently. He was much more mobile and had a much better strategy overall. I picked JMM to win an even clearer decision based on the third fight, but by the end of the 5th round we were already seeing something that hardly resembled that fight. And if you tell me by the end of round 5 it didn't seem Pacquiao was taking over - despite winning every non-KD round - I have to question your honesty.

3.) Pac does not have the technical skill to outbox Marquez
              I'd agree that he doesn't have the technical skill, and he was out boxed in the first three fights, and especially the third. With that said, strategy goes a long way. At his best, Pacquiao's footwork and head movement are extremely good. He's very fast on his feet, and given the right plan, he can cause problems for most anyone.

Look at the fourth fight. Other than the knockdown, be honest, what was happening? If you didn't know a KO was coming, what would you think?

4.) Pac cannot stop Marquez, as was proven in the first fight
              "Marquez cannot knock down or KO Pacquiao, as was proven in all of the first three fights."

5.) Pac has never had a plan B
              You're right. His limitations are very real, don't get me wrong.

6.) Pac cannot make adjustments to his game
              Right again, at least mid-fight he can't seem to.

7.) All of the things mentioned above are crucial to beating Marquez style

So right now, no, he has little-to-no chance of beating Marquez.

The reason why I say little-to-no, is because Marquez could get injured, sprain his ankle, get cut from a headbutt, break a knuckle, **** happens in boxing so you can never rule anything out...... but no, Pacquiao has almost no chance of beating his daddy Marquez.
              Earlier you said no chance, and earlier than that you said not even a puncher's chance. Now you say very little chance and you rule out every type of win save for Marquez breaking a knuckle or stubbing a toe. It is insane to look at a fighter who has knocked Marquez down 5 times and say he has no chance other than essentially accidents. He can win, and that's my whole point.

You'll get no argument from me that Marquez has his number. You'll get no argument that Marquez is the superior craftsman, technician, boxer. He is. He is an incredible fighter and one without many - if any - real flaws that we can point out and say Pacquiao will be able to take advantage of that. Nevertheless, their fights are usually close, always competitive, and never have they produced a result anything like the 4th fight.

As I said before: if they fought 10 times, Marquez would probably win 6 or 7. But to pretend this isn't the real world, and that another ATG who has also given Marquez some of his toughest fights can't win a single fight with JMM ever, is insane.

Smarten up kid, knowledgeable analysts (which you are not) have been saying for years that Marquez is a much better technical fighter than Pacquiao..... that was plainly obvious after the first fight, despite the fact that you pac-stain's failed to notice.

It is still hilarious to me that you contrived a paragraph full of dribble, included said dribble into a paragraph concerning Marquez..... apparently admit it was rubbish and not applicable, but for some reason decided to include it anyway. WTF lol ?

I think that you are a deceitful little pac-stain, just my opinion
              Of course he is technically better! The beauty of boxing is that that doesn't mean everything. They match up extremely well, which is why they can produce such great fights.
              Last edited by samouraļ; 12-12-2012, 07:53 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by streetwaves View Post
                Okay, on the record you're now saying he has zero chance. Okay. I'm assuming that wont change later, maybe even in this same post?

He was clearly outboxed and neutralized in the 3rd. In the 4th Pacquiao fought much differently. He was much more mobile and had a much better strategy overall. I picked JMM to win an even clearer decision based on the third fight, but by the end of the 5th round we were already seeing something that hardly resembled that fight. And if you tell me by the end of round 5 it didn't seem Pacquiao was taking over - despite winning every non-KD round - I have to question your honesty.

A fight unfolds, it ebbs and flows, it is all about momentum and creating opportunities. If you think it is even slightly relevant that Pacquiao was 1 point up on the cards in a fight that had not even reached the half-way point when he got KTFO, then I question your boxing knowledge and understanding of the game.

" seemed to be taking over " ?

Get real, what the fuk would you call round 1 of the first fight ?

Did Pac " seem to be taking over " ?

He didn't win that fight either btw.

A fight unfolds, it develops, that is as pointless and irrelevant as saying that Khan was winning the fight after two rounds despite him being knocked senseless. Nobody seemed to realise that it takes Garcia a couple of rounds to get his timing.

Same with Marquez, Diaz had him in all sorts of trouble, but by the 4th-5th round, Marquez starts landing those uppercuts, and the writing is on the wall.

It is weak-**** to try to tell me that Pacquiao had that fight in the bag, or anything even close.

So Pac had a couple of good rounds, so fkn what, he got stretched.

I'd agree that he doesn't have the technical skill, and he was out boxed in the first three fights, and especially the third. With that said, strategy goes a long way. At his best, Pacquiao's footwork and head movement are extremely good. He's very fast on his feet, and given the right plan, he can cause problems for most anyone.

Look at the fourth fight. Other than the knockdown, be honest, what was happening? If you didn't know a KO was coming, what would you think?

"Marquez canon knock down or KO Pacquiao, as was proven in all of the first three fights."

You're right. His limitations are very real, don't get me wrong.

Right again, at least mid-fight he can't seem to.

Earlier you said no chance, and earlier than that you said not even a puncher's chance. Now you say very little chance and you rule out every type of win save for Marquez breaking a knuckle or stubbing a toe. It is insane to look at a fighter who has knocked Marquez down 5 times and say he has no chance other than essentially accidents. He can win, and that's my whole point.

You'll get no argument from me that Marquez has his number. You'll get no argument that Marquez is the superior craftsman, technician, boxer. He is. He is an incredible fighter and one without many - if any - real flaws that we can point out and say Pacquiao will be able to take advantage of that. Nevertheless, their fights are usually close, always competitive, and never have they produced a result anything like the 4th fight.

As I said before: if they fought 10 times, Marquez would probably win 6 or 7. But to pretend this isn't the real world, and that another ATG who has also given Marquez some of his toughest fights can't win a single fight with JMM ever, is insane.

Of course he is technically better! The beauty of boxing is that that doesn't mean everything. They match up extremely well, which is why they can produce such great fights.
                OK, I pretty much agree with most of what you said there, not everything, but there is nothing that I disagree with badly enough to want to discuss right now.

BTW, it is refreshing to see that you are capable of debate without attempting to talk down to me or insinuate that I am somehow not on your level..... it is no coincidence that you will now receive the same courtesy from me, and we will get along much better

Also, I tried to clean you up after reading this comment.....
                " I'd agree that he doesn't have the technical skill, and he was out boxed in the first three fights"

I was absolutely positive that you stated earlier that you thought Pacquiao won the third fight, which is actually the main reason why I decided to start on you. When I read the comment above it appeared that you had just committed flip-flop hare-kari. I searched your post history in this thread and it appears that I misread post# 134.

OK, so I apologise for that. When it appeared to me that you were attempting to insinuate that was a lucky punch, after thinking that you tried to award the third fight to Pacquiao..... I assumed that you were a member of a particular fanbase that I have an intense dislike for.

Look, just prior to that KO the momentum was with Pac for approximately 1.5 rounds..... well, add up how many times that has happened during the series so far, and then you will understand why I disagree that Pac was about to get this miraculous knockout.

Anything could have happened, Diaz was way up on the cards until Marquez started to change the momentum. What about the energy that Pac was expending, what about the investment downstairs that Marquez had made, what about his legendary recuperation and endurance, who gets their second wind first.

What Marquez does, is he adjusts to your style, knowing him the way I do, it is insane for anyone to assume that he would not be able to adjust or adapt to Pacquiao had the fight not ended abruptly.

It actually think it would have been great to see how that fight unfolded had it gone to the later rounds. It could have gone down as one of the best ever.

Listen, I gotta go, it appears I misread your earlier post and overreacted, and I only slightly disagree with a couple of points in the last half of your post..... mainly a perspective issue I suspect.

No hard feelings.

Comment

• Just quickly.....

" I'd agree that he doesn't have the technical skill, and he was out boxed in the first three fights"

I agree, that is why many feel that Pacquiao has never beaten Marquez.

In saying that, I thought Manny looked very good in parts during that fight. He has made changes that were working for him, and he was definitely giving Marquez all sorts of problems.

He was feinting intelligently, not with exaggerated movement like in the past, his footwork appeared to be better when Marquez would counter.

But to count Marquez out just because Pacquiao had the momentum for a couple of rounds, is crazy stuff..... Pac had the momentum and he was fighting very well, but you gotta finish the show with Marquez coz he will definitely adjust and come back.

Peace.

Comment

When the fight is announced, have your next alt come around with a betting slip. I'd expect you're putting all you have liquid on it, the odds will be good. That'll be a true win, not this mind numbing ego stroking.

Comment

• Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
                      When the fight is announced, have your next alt come around with a betting slip. I'd expect you're putting all you have liquid on it, the odds will be good. That'll be a true win, not this mind numbing ego stroking.
                      What, so you think that Pacquiao - after failing 4 times, and suffering a horrific knockout - will somehow win the 5th encounter, even though it is plainly obvious that Marquez has his number?

Well, Pacquiao desperately needs a long break and a comeback fight, at least. Maybe even a couple of comeback fights.

How old will Marquez be then ?

41 - 42 ?

You could be right. That is why I could not answer street's 100 question.

The situation will continually change, and there are many variables.

But yes, I will likely be betting on Marquez

BTW, this is not an alt account. I cannot understand the need for one. I have returned after a small absence, that is all.

Comment

Working...
                      X