Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Carl Froch vs Gennady Golovkin @ 168 - Wembley 2015: Who Win?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by English_Lion View Post
    Jermain Taylor had Froch on his backside early and Groves had froch seeing stars in the first round! People say Froch has a great chin...but i think a man whose been dropped twice by boxers who are not considered as punchers, what do you think Golovkin would do to him? Even at a higher weight...that just means Golovkin will have more power. Golovkin via absolute KO.
    Yeah, like how Arthur Abraham had even more power right...

Taylor also dropped Kelly Pavlik who was renowned for an iron jaw which was basically his only form of defense, groves is a heavy puncher at 168.

Golovkin took 11 rounds to finally finish off Martin Murray who is an average fighter who's only real strength is the fact he's pretty big for 160. Froch is dramatically better in every regard to Martin Murray, I think it's conceivable he might last 12 against probably the smallest opponent he's ever fought.

Comment

Carl could always tell Golovkin and DeGale to fight one another and then he fight the winner. He could take a tune up against Murray on the same card and hype up the eventual showdown in Vegas.

Comment

Originally posted by Crazylegs77 View Post
        hmm interesting. While I agree the trash talking attracts people who just like watching people punching each other in the face. Isnt GGG popular in the UK?

Was thiking this would be bigger also considering it will be Frochs final fight.

Man this will be a great fight. Hmm Forch will have troubles early, possibly losing much of the fight. Pulling off a miracle late KO.
        It wouldn't be bigger than Froch-Groves. It would be big, but nowhere near as big as that.

Big domestic rivalries sell way better than UK vs other countries most of the time.

Comment

GGG by TKO in championship rounds.

I don't F. care about the sellout on wembley or wherever its done.

Make the fight happen ASAP.

Hopefully after this other great fight come for GGG, and if Ward has come back to the "elite" level, then make that fight too. Can't wait for it.

Comment

ive posted my thoughts on this before and ive always said that i think froch would knock him out,
            bigger size, long reach, not the fastest fab but its effective and can keep opponents busy if he uses it properly,
            with his chin and power, he wont just back away when GGG lands, he will punch back and go toe to toe...

frochs jab and straight right hand will be important and key,
            GGG will try to come in and and land something early,
            but once he feels the venom of the cobra in that right hand and jab,
            it will be a matter of time until he breaks GGGs will and knocks him out...

Froch by KO in wembley again, bring it one

Originally posted by English_Lion View Post
            Jermain Taylor had Froch on his backside early and Groves had froch seeing stars in the first round! People say Froch has a great chin...but i think a man whose been dropped twice by boxers who are not considered as punchers, what do you think Golovkin would do to him? Even at a higher weight...that just means Golovkin will have more power. Golovkin via absolute KO.
            that punch by taylor froch didnt see and he wasnt exactly hurt badly,
            but that punch from groves wouldve knocked out most super middleweights,
            wonder how GGG wouldve took that shot

Comment

GGG knocks him out.

Prime Froch probably wins at 168.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBoxingfan101 View Post
                ive posted my thoughts on this before and ive always said that i think froch would knock him out,
                bigger size, long reach, not the fastest fab but its effective and can keep opponents busy if he uses it properly,
                with his chin and power, he wont just back away when GGG lands, he will punch back and go toe to toe...

frochs jab and straight right hand will be important and key,
                GGG will try to come in and and land something early,
                but once he feels the venom of the cobra in that right hand and jab,
                it will be a matter of time until he breaks GGGs will and knocks him out...

Froch by KO in wembley again, bring it one

that punch by taylor froch didnt see and he wasnt exactly hurt badly,
                but that punch from groves wouldve knocked out most super middleweights,
                wonder how GGG wouldve took that shot

This is you speculating. We don't know how other SMW's would've reacted to that shot. But we do know that most of them wouldn't have walked into that right hand with their hands low like Froch did. Try that against GGG and see what happens.

Also, why are you acting like Groves hurt Froch only once?He had him hurt and buzzed multiple times in both fights.

Froch's punching resistance might just be decreasing, after all he's pretty old for a fighter.

They say power is the last thing to go, not chin.

Comment

Any version of Froch would be Good Boyed.

Comment

GGG on points, after Monroe fight i really knew inside Ward schools Gennady and i still believe that but i also thought Froch would knock him out, but its clear that GGG was fighting a fan friendly fight and would not do that with Froch, in terms of not worrying about taking shots.

GGG MD12.

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
                      Yeah, like how Arthur Abraham had even more power right...

Taylor also dropped Kelly Pavlik who was renowned for an iron jaw which was basically his only form of defense, groves is a heavy puncher at 168.

Golovkin took 11 rounds to finally finish off Martin Murray who is an average fighter who's only real strength is the fact he's pretty big for 160. Froch is dramatically better in every regard to Martin Murray, I think it's conceivable he might last 12 against probably the smallest opponent he's ever fought.
                      Well, what you say is true, it did take GGG 11 rounds to knock Murray out and i use to think like you that that meant GGG wouldn't get get rid of the elite guys but i watched the fight again and Murray was done by the 4th, they could fight again and it most probably be finished before the 5th. Murray is a ****ing tough guy and many think in another lifetime he could of been undefeated world champion..

Gennady just bullied him. Froch Vs GGG is a good fight and i think Gennady boxes more with greater use of a defensive approach whilst Froch is active!

Comment

Working...
                      X