Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Bernard Hopkins could make heavyweight, Do you think he could outbox Stiverne?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stiverne has a big punch and can box

BHop would have a better chance against a small HW like Adamek or a out of shape and slow HW like Arreola

I'm still not sure if he would beat either of them tho

Comment

Just have him fight Eddie Chambers.

Comment

Originally posted by BrushMyHair View Post
        I mean as he is right now. No one ever thought he could make the move from middleweight to light heavyweight. He had a special trainer help him do that. If he gets that same special trainer, I believe Hopkins could make that weight and be very successful. If Hopkins was a heavyweight, He would fight at 200 or 201 pounds.

Comment

James Toney was better overall than Hopkins, much tougher.

And Stiverne is much better than Peter whom Toney held his own with.

I feel than even a jacked up and fattened up Hopkins will still be pretty easily knocked out!

Comment

Originally posted by Check_hooks View Post
            Stiverne has a big punch and can box

BHop would have a better chance against a small HW like Adamek or a out of shape and slow HW like Arreola

I'm still not sure if he would beat either of them tho
            both those guys would maul BHOP to death.

Comment

I'm all in on team B-Hop for this weekend's fight, but nah I can't see him beating Stiverne. Stiverne is just too big and strong.

Comment

Originally posted by TRTboy View Post
                both those guys would maul BHOP to death.
                Before HW, Adamek was a championship LHW fighter who carried decent chin and skills to HW.

Arreola is not cut but not out of condition, in fact no 240lb fighter can fight as hard for as long as Arreola.

The guy is on drugs if he thinks B-hop could beat any of these guys!

Comment

What Roy did is severely underrated, especially by people who didn't see it as it happened. Ruiz isn't a Atg, but he was a good, boring as ****, champ, and Roy kicked his ass. Being outweighed by 30 pounds and doing that is insane. Best fighter of the last 20 years based on this win alone.

Comment

Originally posted by El-blanco View Post
                    What Roy did is severely underrated, especially by people who didn't see it as it happened. Ruiz isn't a Atg, but he was a good, boring as ****, champ, and Roy kicked his ass. Being outweighed by 30 pounds and doing that is insane. Best fighter of the last 20 years based on this win alone.
                    What Roy did was good but it was not great.

It just so happened that Roy surfaced for a moment to snatch a trinket from one of the weakest champions in the division since Joe Frazier and Leon Spinks!

Roy could never have survived against not just any of the greats, but any of the good+hard punching HW's of the time.

Could you imagine Roy beating anybody like Golota for example? Too small, sorry.

If you want to see what a larger version of Roy can do to the HW division, you don't have to, you can watch David Haye. Roy on roids!

Comment

Originally posted by Elroy1 View Post
                      What Roy did was good but it was not great.

It just so happened that Roy surfaced for a moment to snatch a trinket from one of the weakest champions in the division since Joe Frazier and Leon Spinks!

Roy could never have survived against not just any of the greats, but any of the good+hard punching HW's of the time.

Could you imagine Roy beating anybody like Golota for example? Too small, sorry.

If you want to see what a larger version of Roy can do to the HW division, you don't have to, you can watch David Haye. Roy on roids!
                      I agree Ruiz was a weak champion, but beating a guy 30 pounds bigger is no small feat

Comment

Working...
                      X