Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Pacquiao-Crawford Showdown is Possible, Says Arum

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

postol, khan, crawford, bradley/rios...crawford has the best tool to compete the likes of pacquiao...

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
      WBO junior welterweight champion Terence Crawford will be looking to put on a show this coming Saturday night.

Crawford is among the few names who are in the running to fight eight division world champion Manny Pacquiao in what might be his final career fight in the first quarter of 2016.

Crawford (26-0, 18 KOs) will defend his title against Dierry Jean (29-1, 20 KOs) at CenturyLink Center in Omaha, Nebraska.
      [Click Here To Read More]
      Ok, so..... why does it suit Bob Arum to say that today ?

Comment

Pac man to old and **** now to win competitive fights. This may be his last

Comment

Originally posted by Daddy T View Post
          He wants to use the fading pac to build up crawford. I'm a big fan of crawford but this kinda sucks.
          Yep Bob had this blueprint all along. The last thing any good promoter is gonna wanna do is have his best & most popular fighter knowingly go into his last fight vs some other promoters guys. You wanna prop up your next guy if you can.

I'm not entirely confident this plan is gonna work out for him doe. I think Crawford is a figment of TR's imagination still. And while Manny hasn't been "Manny" in a couple years I think he's still a older great fighter while Crawford is still more of a figment of TR's imagination (imo, I'm sure many will disagree). And sometimes when those types of fighters meet the proven fighter comes out on top.

I believe Gamboa is Crawford's biggest W. And I wasn't as impressed as most with the Gamboa fight. Gamboa been looking like his neck weighs 25lbs since signing with 50cent which just can't be a good thing, guy is 5-5 or some such ****, looking like he got a NFL guys neck or some sort of tumor situation going on. He hadn't fought in a like a year before the Crawford fight. And I thought he had a couple moments in the Crawford fight & where Crawford was hurt at a weight that clearly isn't Gamboa's best weight. I've also heard the rumors that Gary Russell "allegedly" f#cked up Crawford's **** which I'm not entirely sold on, but I just like saying & believing happened (lol) as a guy not 100% sold on Crawford.

Anyway right now I think Pacquiao vs Crawford is about 70%+ likely to be the fight that gets made & 95%+ likely if Bob has anything to say about it, but I also give old Manny still a good chance to win this fight so maybe no baton gets handed off here. I'll certainly be rooting for that. I'd like to see Manny go out a winner if he's just coming back for a victory lap fight.

Comment

Pac isn't beating Crawford, Crawford is the real deal I think. I doubt Arum will make this match up, which of course makes sense because that is what Arum/TR does. Keep their cash cow protected. They like matching Pac against guys who were just KOed so I could see them putting Pac in with Matthysse. Makes sense for them so they can continue to make people believe Pac is some dominant fighter.

Comment

Pacquiao is going to destroy Crawford. This isn't a 5'5 blown up feathweight coming off over a year of inactivity, or a chinny C level Dulorme, it's the fighter of the decade.

I don't no why people are picking Crawford to win but they're in for a shock.

Comment

Crawford turns into a running Lara in this fight and gets dominated..

Set it up...

I'd be shocked if Crawford really wants this fight now..

Pac is coming off of schooling Mayweather..

Comment

cool make it happen arum props to manny if this is the fight not that he has much of a choice

Comment

Originally posted by Alpha & Omega View Post
                    Pac isn't beating Crawford, Crawford is the real deal I think. I doubt Arum will make this match up, which of course makes sense because that is what Arum/TR does. Keep their cash cow protected. They like matching Pac against guys who were just KOed so I could see them putting Pac in with Matthysse. Makes sense for them so they can continue to make people believe Pac is some dominant fighter.
                    pac is about to retire it actually is better business if crawford beat manny u are thinking to much

Comment

Lets go Crawford, don't go out like Mattyhse.

Comment

Working...
                      X