No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Team Martinez Still Target Floyd Mayweather Jr. Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Burner © View Post
    So a guy with the career Floyd has had the only he "finds his balls" is if he fights a Legit 100% Middleweight?
    i mean find his balls to take a challenge. dont forget this is a guy who claims he is the best of all time. what other fight is there for floyd? because i dont see any.

also, i dont think martinez is the biggest middleweight you will ever see.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
      Seems to me like you're speaking of non Floyd fans in general. I've done a fabulous job concerning the Floyd/ginger farce. I've never really had a problems with the Cotto,Mosley,Ortiz or proposed Ghost fight, so your accusations really don't apply to my person.

Like I said, my major qualms are concerning Floyd/ginger/Martinez. Floyd is picking ginger cause he's an easy win & has a big fanbase, period. There's absolutely no other reason for the fight other than making Floyd, ginger & golden boy bank while putting on a farce.
      WHich goes back to Larry's point. You ***** abouit floyd/gbp/ canelo making money but are alright with just Sergio getting paid because, being honest, floyd doesn't make as much investing the same money in marketing and promoting a Sergio fight than he does with a Canelo fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Burner © View Post
        So a guy with the career Floyd has had the only he "finds his balls" is if he fights a Legit 100% Middleweight?
        yeah because moving up and fighting bigger guys throughout his career isn't enough.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
          WHich goes back to Larry's point. You ***** abouit floyd/gbp/ canelo making money but are alright with just Sergio getting paid because, being honest, floyd doesn't make as much investing the same money in marketing and promoting a Sergio fight than he does with a Canelo fight.
          forget the money a second dunn, martinez is the legit middleweight champ, canelo hasnt beaten anybody of note. just from a boxing fans point of view, what would you rather watch?

Comment

yeah because moving up and fighting bigger guys throughout his career isn't enough.
            it is enough, but whats the point in carrying on fighting if your not going to fight the best?

Comment

Yeah, that would make sense if not for the fact that Floyd/Martinez is also the biggest fight legacy wise & financially. Ignore that fact, just like you always have. Which you admitted yourself in this very same tread.

Floyd/ginger= Money making farce.

Floyd/Martinez=Money making-Legacy topping-truly great fight.

Comment

Originally posted by 110110110 View Post
                The truth is that martinez at 154 or 160 would proberly beat maywetaher badly.

And the other truth is that if mayweather gets layed out Pac style, he will commit suicide.

All in all the fight will never happen
                The truth is..... you just made two totally stupid comments.

Are you a pac-stain ?

Comment

Yeah, that would make sense if not for the fact that Floyd/Martinez is also the biggest fight legacy wise & financially. Ignore that fact, just like you always have. Which you admitted yourself in this very same tread.

Floyd/ginger= Money making farce.

Floyd/Martinez=Money making-Legacy topping-truly great fight.
                  Financially, you know this isn't the case. PPV sales aren't usually driven by competitiveness but opponent name value. SO please, the overexaggeration to self support your own argument is coming dangerously close to the manny fringe fanbase logic.

Legacy wise, unless its at 160 for the MW title, it doesn't add anything.

Comment

Originally posted by nycsmooth View Post
                    great fan's bout if it happens but I doubt it,but more of a chance this happening than anything w/the pretender Alvarez, who won't won't box any1 credible......Sergio will b bigger@'54, the only wt it can happen @ but FM will do everything Segio does, but better & win a UD 12, IMO...
                    At 154, I think so too, but even then Martinez will give him problems.

Not sure about 160 though.

Comment

Seems to me like you're speaking of non Floyd fans in general. I've done a fabulous job concerning the Floyd/ginger farce. I've never really had a problems with the Cotto,Mosley,Ortiz or proposed Ghost fight, so your accusations really don't apply to my person.

Like I said, my major qualms are concerning Floyd/ginger/Martinez. Floyd is picking ginger cause he's an easy win & has a big fanbase, period. There's absolutely no other reason for the fight other than making Floyd, ginger & golden boy bank while putting on a farce.
                      Ok Martinez chased Chavez jr claiming it was to get his belt back but never once tried to fight Pirog who had his belt as well,he was clearly going after the easier bigger money fight...when did you b1tch bout that?Hell atleast they are in his damn division

Comment

Working...
                      X