Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Someone please explain what the WBC is doing right now at 154?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The WBC is a joke.... does anybody even take them seriously?

Comment

why are people surprised by governing bodies doing this shit?
      it's always been and always will be that way
      guys don't get shots just for being deserving
      it's about money and promotional agendas
      Alvarez is running out of time, he'll have to step up sooner than later
      but as a star who earns, Sulaiman will try to protect him

Comment

Same corruption, same bs as always, they are going to protect Alvarez as long as possible.

Comment

Does any of this stuff surprise you guys anymore? WBC has been pulling **** forever just look at their rankings ever month yeesh

Comment

Kirkland won the title eliminator, but GBP (who promoted them both), did not pursue the fight. Golden Boy was obviously building Canelo's star, while at the same time building up Kirkland. This is pretty common; obvious fights not happening because they share a promoter who wants them both to become superstars.

Secondly; it's the WBC, man. They made Manny and Margs the #1 and 2# challengers for a vacant title that Pacquiao had never fought in and Margarito had only had a tuneup in. The WBC makes up their own rules as they go along, especially nowadays. Nothing they do surprises me.

Comment

But there isn't someone that governs the WBC to keep them in line and make sure they're doing what they're suppose too?

If so, who?

Comment

Kirkland pulled out of the fight for 9/15

Comment

I prefer not to even think about it. lol

Everything they do has a motive behind it.

Comment

What type of relationship do the sanctioning bodies have with the promoters?

Meaning, how did the WBC turn down Trout challenging Canelo and make Lara-Vanes fight in an eliminator, but possibly approve Lopez-Canelo?

I'm still trying to understand how the WBC allows guys to bypass title eliminators and jump straight to the champ?

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
                      What type of relationship do the sanctioning bodies have with the promoters?

Meaning, how did the WBC turn down Trout challenging Canelo and make Lara-Vanes fight in an eliminator, but possibly approve Lopez-Canelo?

I'm still trying to understand how the WBC allows guys to bypass title eliminators and jump straight to the champ?
                      I think it's clear that the promoters pay the sanctioning bodies to allow whatever fights they see fit.

Comment

Working...
                      X