Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Amir Khan Wants 4 or 5 More Fights, Wants To Avoid Hopkins Fate

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by thack View Post
    Across the pond he's dumb, here in England he's thick which ever the terminology that's ole glass jaw !

Bless him he must think he's really with it...LOL!

Fool on the hill!
    Yeah, he's talking real thick...

I guarantee Virgil has been telling him to retire after that brutal KO.

Or to handpick somebody who is like a natural super lightweight, with a soft punch.

Bradley would be the perfect opponent for him - still a world class, primed fighter - who is even arguably a top 10, or close to it, pound for pound fighter.

Or an all-domestic dust-up with a pillow-fisted opponent like Eggington, or maybe Ricky Burns.

Comment

I know I'm beating a dead horse, but it's already to late for that.

Comment

if khan's head bounced off of concrete after his canelo ko he'd never have gotten up.

Comment

Originally posted by angkag View Post
          Really ? Without looking at the fights pre-Judah (lets just assume it meets the definition of top level opposition), who exactly did he fight ?

Peterson/Garcia/Alvarez - lost to all of them

Who did he beat:

Algieri
          - he made Algieri look his equal. Spence later put Algieri in his place, so Khan's showing puts him as an equal to Algieri ?

Devon Alexander
          - couple of good wins on his resume, but losses against Porter and Bradley. Lost after Khan to Aaron Martinez (who?). The loss to Martinez tells us all we needed to know about the version of Alexander that Khan beat.

Collazo
          - a warrior, but past it. He was a tough gatekeeper back in the Mosley/Hatton days, but still never pulled a signature win (unless you want to call Victor Ortiz a signature win, ahem)

Julio Diaz
          - only won four fights from last 10 (and that against lesser opposition). Good draw against Porter though.

Carlos Molina
          - had a 17-0 record coming in, so could be marketed as a viable opponent, but then you look at the record of the 17 people he beat.......

Then we're back to the losses against Peterson and Garcia, and back to 2011, which was over 5 years ago.

For anyone calling themselves world class, that's a pathetic record. If he'd KOed all of them, that would at least be something, as then we could say that he did what would be expected from a A grade fighter, but he didn't, not even close.

The 'hate' is that he walks around telling people he's too good to get in the ring with the likes of Brook, and only Mayweather and Pac deserve his attention, while sitting on such a weak resume.

He signals he doesn't want the mando with Garcia (hmm,wonder why not), finally acknowledges Brook might be a good fight when he realises he's running out of options and Brook getting down to 147 again might make him vulnerable, meantime being quiet on fighting any of Bradley, Spence, Thurman, all of whom he knows would put him into orbit.

And other than Brook, who has he talked about for 2017 ? Oh yes, winner of Vargas/Pac (which we now know was Pac), which is back to the Pac payday again. Wonder if he would be chasing Vargas if Vargas had won.....

Khan is the embodiment of everything wrong in boxing.
          Well done. I would like to add that he made Diaz drop in weight back down to 142 for the fight, and still ended up on his ass. I thought Diaz won that fight.
          And Molina? A lightweight.
          Khan was bragging about what a huge puncher Collazo was, even though Collazo had a less KO% than Khan.
          He will avoid Spence, Thurman/Garcia, Porter, Brook. Anyone with a good punch. Bradley is a possibility since he is pretty feather-fisted compared to the others.
          Him vs Broner would be entertaining.

Comment

You have to love Khan. No matter how many times his head bounces off the canvas he still thinks he's superman.

Comment

WTF? I think he's already been knocked out too many times, because he's not ever going to have the problem of suffering Hopkins' fate. He's too ****e for one.

He should be saying 'I'm glad Hopkins won't ever suffer my fate' though cause it's certainly not the other way around.

Comment

4 or 5 more chances to watch a mere clown do snow angels on the canvas......im all for it.

Comment

Originally posted by DeLorean View Post

^^^ Hopkins fate? this fool was unconscious, Hopkins was walking around, hitting his head on the fall did more damage than the punch.

if khan's head landed on concrete after the canelo knockout there's no way he'd ever box again.

Comment

Originally posted by NearHypnos View Post
                    :/.... Khan talking like he just won his last fight
                    and how he lost that fight.....

Comment

Originally posted by !WAR MIKEY! View Post
                      lmfao NUKKA you already suffered a hopkins faith more than once hell off the top of the head theirs presscott, garcia, and canelo

Amir be like "no mamen, at least when I get knocked out, I stay inside the ring pendejos!"

Comment

Working...
                      X