No announcement yet.

How will Ward avoid the Kovalev fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eastcoast View Post
    With the absurd money RN is paying him to fight low-level journeymen, I think Ward will have two more tune-up fights and announce his retirement. He'll cry that everyone's ducking him and how the networks are against him and how he can't win the internet wars and say he's done with it.

I don't see a HOF in SOG's future.
    You worded nicely what you want but you will end up disappointed because this won't happen. But it's pretty pointless to argue with you because as I saw you have your clear unmoveable agendas about some fighters. I think about Mayweather and Ward on first place here.

Comment

Originally posted by HEND View Post
      Sadly it's pretty common on this forum that the more accomplished and proven fighters like Mayweather, Ward, Bradley, Cotto, Klitschko, Pacquiao get less respect than these new, less accomplished and less proven fighters like Golovkin or Kovalev, and the latter ones always get the benefit of the doubt against the former ones, only because the latter ones are "new".
      They proved way less but still get more respect from some guys here based on different kind of fantasy reasons.
      I enjoy watching both fighters, but don't lump Kovalev in with Golovkin. Kovalev has proven himself. Not a lot, but he has already beaten the **** out of quality opponents and proved his class. He's the best LHW in the world.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
        I still don't understand WTF Duva was doing. Did she assume Haymon would pull out and didn't actually want the fight? I mean, she knew the purse bid would happen. She pushed so it would have to happen.

I'm still pissed off about that. I don't want to hear anything about networks, either. Duva knew all about the networks when she pushed to force the purse bid.
        she assumed stevenson would simply drop the belt, then once it became apparent that he wouldn't and that she couldn't outbid haymon, she baulked. it was a power move gone wrong basically

Comment

Originally posted by Eastcoast View Post
          With the absurd money RN is paying him to fight low-level journeymen, I think Ward will have two more tune-up fights and announce his retirement. He'll cry that everyone's ducking him and how the networks are against him and how he can't win the internet wars and say he's done with it.

I don't see a HOF in SOG's future.
          Thanks for telling us about your dream.

Shame the reality is probably going to be a nightmare for the likes of you.

Comment

I enjoy watching both fighters, but don't lump Kovalev in with Golovkin. Kovalev has proven himself. Not a lot, but he has already beaten the **** out of quality opponents and proved his class. He's the best LHW in the world.
            he also took short money to make big fights happen and travelled to his opponents' backyards on several occasions. kovalev is undeniably the real deal. i believe golovkin is too, but he's a step or two behind kovalev in his career

Comment

It's funny poking fun at CoWard but chances are not necessarily all that low this fight happens. Would be a great fight.

Comment

if it happens, i'm pretty sure it will happen at the full lhw limit. it may take place in oakland, but kovalev has proven that he can fight in his opponents' hometowns and that he even thrives being the bad guy

Comment

Originally posted by NEETzsche View Post
                  if it happens, i'm pretty sure it will happen at the full lhw limit. it may take place in oakland, but kovalev has proven that he can fight in his opponents' hometowns and that he even thrives being the bad guy
                  No joke, it would be a better idea for Ward to want the fight away from home. Kovalev has shown that he loves to go into his opponent's hometown. It motivates him even more. He has a serious mean streak.

Comment

A while ago, Ward said something like "I fight Kovalev, what next?" and alluded to it not being a PPV fight and there being nothing else at 175.

I don't expect him to fight either unless they're PPV or he gets a huge offer.
                    Last edited by Weebler I; 07-04-2015, 08:39 AM.

Comment

No joke, it would be a better idea for Ward to want the fight away from home. Kovalev has shown that he loves to go into his opponent's hometown. It motivates him even more. He has a serious mean streak.
                      yeah i loved how he flipped off the crowd after sodomising cleverly in wales. it seems like in almost every kovalev fight there is some sort of incident like that

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
                      A while ago, Ward said something like "I fight Kovalev, what next?" and alluded to it not being a PPV fight.

I don't expect him to fight either unless they're PPV or he gets a huge offer.
                      i think this fight is easier to make than ward-golovkin because the power is all in his hands

Comment

Working...
                      X