No announcement yet.

Marvin hagler impossible to knock out

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marvin hagler impossible to knock out

i cant think of a single middleweight that could knock down or even hurt hagler badly. Could he even take punches of hard hitting HWs do you think, like liston, foreman or tyson and possibly go the distance?(still as a middlweight) or is the HW devision a different realm?

Originally posted by likeamulekick View Post
    i cant think of a single middleweight that could knock down or even hurt hagler badly. Could he even take punches of hard hitting HWs do you think, like liston, foreman or tyson and possibly go the distance?(still as a middlweight) or is the HW devision a different realm?
    Any of the three heavyweights you mentioned would have put Hagler to sleep. I'd bet everything I had on it too.

Comment

Hagler showed signs of being human against Tommy Hearns in the first round...

go to 45 seconds and watch Hagler getting hurt and sqauring up then having to hold on....however he obviously adjusted extremely well

asking if a heavyweight could hurt Hagler is ridiculous

Comment

Originally posted by Col. Hans Landa View Post

go to 45 seconds and watch Hagler getting hurt and sqauring up then having to hold on....however he obviously adjusted extremely well

"Hurt" is being used pretty loosely here to be fair, 8 seconds later he goes back to kicking ass as normal.

Comment

the difference in power from hearns and liston is immense but there were a couple of guys that survived listons punches and i think hagler had a HW chin and could well be equal to those guys, hearns hit him with devasting punches and his head dint move. His head was a bowling ball........ but on the other hand, foreman or shavers could probably crack a bowling ball

Comment

Hagler did not take the bait when micheal spinks challanged him so I think he was concerned about taking a larger mans punches.

Comment

the difference in power from hearns and liston is immense but there were a couple of guys that survived listons punches and i think hagler had a HW chin and could well be equal to those guys, hearns hit him with devasting punches and his head dint move. His head was a bowling ball........ but on the other hand, foreman or shavers could probably crack a bowling ball
              I'm the biggest Hagler fan around but he would have been KO'd by LHW's like Foster, nevermind the monsters that were Tyson, Liston and Foreman.

Look at people like Dick Tiger who had great chins at MW, then he faced Foster.

Comment

Originally posted by rightsideup View Post
                Hagler did not take the bait when micheal spinks challanged him so I think he was concerned about taking a larger mans punches.
                To be fair that challenge was ridiculous. Hagler is 5ft8ish and for Spinks to challenge such a small and stable Middleweight was ridiculous. 15 pounds man it's a lot, and that's without factoring in the fact Spinks was a great fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by Col. Hans Landa View Post

those first big punches probably hurt but hagler was never HURT, as in his senses went and his legs loosened. I think he took some mean shots and grabbed out of instinct, i dont agree that he was dazed at all

Comment

Originally posted by Barnburner View Post
                    To be fair that challenge was ridiculous. Hagler is 5ft8ish and for Spinks to challenge such a small and stable Middleweight was ridiculous. 15 pounds man it's a lot, and that's without factoring in the fact Spinks was a great fighter.
                    I think micheal was trying to make some money and I think that fight would have drawn well.

Comment

Working...
                    X