No announcement yet.

Khan Should Avoid Brook At All Costs

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FrankieBruno View Post
    Under Roach his conditioning was phenomenal, he was able to absorb a lot of punishment and solider on. Brook was struggling with the likes of Carson Jones, Khan wud have destroyed him around that time, IMO

Yes he might be responsible now, thats cuz his punch resistance is way lower than it was a few years ago, he has no choice but to sort out his defense, footwork etc..

He's rebuilding and is still work in progress..changes dont happen over night, but there are clear changes in him taking place for the better of his health...but maybe not as fun to watch
    A fighter with power and timing was all wrong for Khan at that point IMO, I think Kell would have been that Khan easier than the current Khan. Garcia is not exactly the best technical fighter, but he worked that Khan out very quickly in timing terms.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
      I seriously think Thurman is now the most overrated fighter on this board in the sense he wins all these fantasy fights

He reminds me of the old Khan with more pop, very Mike Jones esque.

He has very fast hands, good snap but he does not have one punch power by any means. I think his power is vastly overrated.

Very erratic, a lot wasted movement and he is so predictable with his attacks. Brook would time him on the way in.

He is a fun fighter and a good talent but people are seriously barking thinking this guy is right up there at the minute. He is very green and if I was a WW out there wanting to make a name, I'd jump at him whilst he is still undeveloped.

I think Brook beats him no sweat & Khan is a better version of Thurman, better technically, faster with a bit less pop. I wouldn't completely rule out Khans chances in that fight though I'd expect 99.5% would take Thurman simply because he has power & Khans chin is poor.
      I don't think anybody is sweating Thurman he just brings nothing to the table what so ever.
      I agree with Dan, as usually happens.

Comment

**** the marination man. Both of them are not A+ fighters, they could easily lose in the marination process. The fight will sell itself in the UK and is ready to sell out a stadium, but it needs more marination?!

Comment

I think Khan would light Alexander up! The Brook fight is too big though now and a lot of money can be made. I think it happens. Thurman can fight Alexander and finish him once and for good. Can't stand Devon.

Comment

Silly thread. I thought it's the complete opposite. Khan is a nightmare for Brook, and he should be avoiding him like a plague. I don't know what people saw in Brook that Khan didn't have. Both hate inside fighting and Khan could unleash powerful combos that could stop anyone in his track even if only momentarily.

What will make me laugh is that the very clinching defense Brook applied in the Porter fight will be applied to him by Khan. Brook will end up like a another super frustrated Collazo who became victim to Khan's clinching. He would desperately want an inside fight because he's no match to Khan's combos.

Comment

Imo Khan would decision Brook....

1)First the first time Brook will be fighting someone who is significantly faster than him.

2) Brook only throws anything other than a jab when he feels comfortable but against Khan he will be beaten to the punch constantly and then tied up for the first few rounds. Neither has an inside game so Khan has nothing to worry about until the referee breaks it up.

3) Khan's power gets slept on because of his speed, he may not be a devastating KO puncher but he can crack.

Comment

50/50 fight. Khan is the better boxer and could outwork/outland Brook. But Brook's power and timing will be a problem for Khan. If Khan can take Brook's power, he wins a decision, if not he gets stopped.

Comment

Working...
                X