No announcement yet.

who here fight jumping

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• who here fight jumping

im still looking for a good gym to join but my dad used to box when he was young so i box with him,(i hit, he block and tells me how to improve,)and when i do i keep jumping around,i dont get tired though,is that bad,does any1 else do that?

Originally posted by TysonK.O.
    im still looking for a good gym to join but my dad used to box when he was young so i box with him,(i hit, he block and tells me how to improve,)and when i do i keep jumping around,i dont get tired though,is that bad,does any1 else do that?
    You dont win fights just jumping around. Aswell, when you did face a fighter of any magnitude you would be exploited just about every time that you jumped into the air. Lose the jumping and find a gym.

Where are you from?

Rockin'

Comment

Im always jumping and moving my head when i dont need to it is a very bad habbit and my trainers are trying to help me stop. Jumping around just wastes energy that doesnt need to be wasted and by moving my head i can be timed.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockin1
        You dont win fights just jumping around. Aswell, when you did face a fighter of any magnitude you would be exploited just about every time that you jumped into the air. Lose the jumping and find a gym.

Where are you from?

Rockin'
        i dont mean jumpin around like crazy but like from side to side and moving my head...cali

Comment

Originally posted by TysonK.O.
          i dont mean jumpin around like crazy but like from side to side and moving my head...cali
          It wastes energy that doesnt need to be wasted, you can be knocked off balance and you can be timed. It is not a very good idea.

Comment

I dont leave the floor I bounce, is that bad?

Comment

Jumping is good though right? Ali in his prime danced all night...

Comment

jumping is not good, Ali could get away with it cause he was Ali. It is better not to jump.

Comment

Originally posted by speedoverpower0
                  I dont leave the floor I bounce, is that bad?
                  ????????????

Comment

wasting energy, and when your feet arent blanced or planted, wyour not gonna have any power in your shots....ali got away with it becuase he ahd fast hands and could time everythign that was coming to him....i used to boucne around alot when i sparred bigger guys, move in and out, but now i just move like your supposed to, bouncing around is alot of energy, you should jsut learn how to move like a boxer, side to side and fast

Comment

Working...
                    X