No announcement yet.

Remember Lucian Bute's lesson?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remember Lucian Bute's lesson?

Lucian Bute had been regarded as a protected fighter for his entire career, even though he apperently was a very good boxer. Tall, hardhitting, fast, good half-slick skills. He had haters and fans, both in huge amounts, but most of the hate came because he was protected.

Now... Bute manned himself up and did what no one expected him to do: go to Carl Froch's backyard, as the champion meeting the challenger. He did something very spectacular and praiseworthy in the sport. Imagine if Floyd went to Philipines to fight Pacquiao or if Ward went to Nottingham to fight Froch or if Wladimir went to USA/Canada to fight the Stiverne-Wilder winner. It just doesn't seem realistic. But Bute did just that.

Now, things happened as they happened and Bute got slaughtered. Since then, no one has taken him seriously and people have been joking about him and regarded him as completely insignificant, he seems even MORE hated than he was before...

The lesson? Think about it. I'm not saying that Mayweather or Wladimir or whatever should be chickens, of course they shoudn't. But if the fans weren't so damn offensive and ungrateful when boxers lose, I'm sure that more boxers would be willing to take chances!!

Exactly you know if Pac from 09 (very suspicious of peds imo) was to hurt Floyd up these cats would never let it go, we would get racial slurs non stop etc. Good thing there will be testing and Pac don't look like the beast he once was and now these Pac fans aren't so overly confident anymore.

Comment

Wouldn't really say he manned the F up because he was never the top dog in the first place and the deal was for two fights, first in the UK and the second in Canada, they figured it was big money for two fights, but since he got whooped so bad they declined the rematch.

Comment

Originally posted by Khabash View Post
        Exactly you know if Pac from 09 (very suspicious of peds imo) was to hurt Floyd up these cats would never let it go, we would get racial slurs non stop etc. Good thing there will be testing and Pac don't look like the beast he once was and now these Pac fans aren't so overly confident anymore.
        I don't want this to be about Mayweather or Pacquiao, I like both of them and I respect both of them, this thread is just a reminder of how horrible sports fans we are. We are ungrateful.

Comment

Originally posted by ***1048;ATAS View Post
          Wouldn't really say he manned the F up because he was never the top dog in the first place and the deal was for two fights, first in the UK and the second in Canada, they figured it was big money for two fights, but since he got whooped so bad they declined the rematch.
          There was no point in having the rematch. And don't speak badly about Bute's courage. What did he do right after getting destroyed? Fought an unbeaten fighter and then fought Pascal and now, he's negotiating for a fight with Mikkel Kessler. Bute is taking dangerous fights and people just refuse to respect him.

Before, he was hated for staying in the shell. Now, he's even more hated for proving that he is NOT afraid to get out of the shell...

Comment

Originally posted by ***1048;ATAS View Post
            Thank you.

/thread

Comment

Bute is too irrelevant to be as hated as you're claiming. It isn't hating to say that he is currently insignificant, because he hasn't done anything to get himself back into the mix. Froch destroyed him and he never recovered. It took one loss to completely unravel him, that performance made him look like a pretender. Boxers get their asses kicked all the time, and we anticipate how they come back from them. He didn't look good against Grachev in victory, and he looked like crap against Pascal. In addition, he's been inactive. Disappointment is what I feel when I think of Bute, not hatred.

Comment

How would you feel about a Bute-Stevenson bout in Canada?
                I wouldn't mind that fight, then hopefully if Stevenson succeeds he fights the Pascal-Kovalev winner

Comment

Working...
                X