Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The winner of Ward-Dawson is no worse than #3 p4p?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm sorry... Ward is only as good as his opposition and the only notable wins in my opinion is froch and maybe bika. Abraham, Kessler, Green didn't have the boxing skills and knowledge to beat ward. Let's be fair, Dawson on the other hand has fought solid boxers although aged, in Tarver, Johnson, and Hopkins. The bull has been a chasing these cats for years... When Dawson was where ward is at today. I'd say they are about even with respect to the last few years with a slight edge for Dawson. Plus gets more points for hitting holms up at his weight and backyard. I'd write off the pascal loss and call it a fluke. Any... Dawson is better than ward.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by JBell11 View Post
      I'm sorry... Ward is only as good as his opposition and the only notable wins in my opinion is froch and maybe bika. Abraham, Kessler, Green didn't have the boxing skills and knowledge to beat ward. Let's be fair, Dawson on the other hand has fought solid boxers although aged, in Tarver, Johnson, and Hopkins. The bull has been a chasing these cats for years... When Dawson was where ward is at today. I'd say they are about even with respect to the last few years with a slight edge for Dawson. Plus gets more points for hitting holms up at his weight and backyard. I'd write off the pascal loss and call it a fluke. Any... Dawson is better than ward.

Kessler was the favorite to win the tournament and was arguably number 1 at SMW

Comment

Originally posted by FIGHTING_FLIP View Post
        Not only was Kessler the favorite, Abraham was #2. Ward dominated them both.

Comment

Originally posted by FIGHTING_FLIP View Post
          Yea people forget that fact..

Comment

Dawson wouldn't deserve that.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
              Not only was Kessler the favorite, Abraham was #2. Ward dominated them both.
              Maybe on paper Kessler was, or better yet to the untrained eye he was. I said way back before the Super 6 started that Kessler was overrated. I mean I give the guy props for his limited accomplishments, He was decent. A good solid win over Froch. Lopsided loss to Calzaghe.. Never really impressed me. Before the Tourney I had Ward winning it undefeated. Just my opinion on seeing him come up the ranks on Showtime. Forget the level of opposition he fought before the super 6, It's the Way he made it look when he won. I knew he would be a star.

So even though he won a gold medal, hasn't lost since he was 12, and leading up to the Super 6 DOMINATED everybody he fought, him being a rookie he was still considered an underdog? He went through Kessler like I knew he would, beat his substitutes just as easily, dominated Abraham in an easy fight, and Dominated Froch in an easy fight that I thought the scorecards were crooked.

Idk, Either way Dawson is a way more credible win than Kessler or Froch. Even at 168.. If Ward does it impressively, I could put him at an easy number 2. just my opinion

Comment

What a stupid post, so because Abraham, Kessler and Green lacked the skill to beat Ward those victories shouldn't be acknowledged?

Comment

P4P is basically a mythical list to decide how these guys would match up against each other if they were all the same size. For those of you having a hard time making your list try to imagine all these guys as being the same size and having them all fight one another. Who do you think would be the last man standing?

My list is
                  Mayweather
                  Pacquiao
                  Ward
                  Martinez
                  Donaire

Comment

Originally posted by FeFist View Post
                    What a stupid post, so because Abraham, Kessler and Green lacked the skill to beat Ward those victories shouldn't be acknowledged?
                    Yeah I hate that argument. People use the same argument for Mayweather. The entire idea of you not deserving credit for a win simply because you're better than a guy is stupid. What better way can you prove you're better than somebody than by beating them?

Comment

What the hell are you talking about? Kessler has more boxing skills then Froch and Bika. Because Ward has more boxing skills than his opponents hurts his ranking lmao That makes zero sense. Being more skilled helps your ranking atleast in the mind of someone with ANY common sense.

Kessler and Abraham were the Super 6 favorites and Ward made easy work of them.

Comment

Working...
                      X