No announcement yet.

Video Interview: Despaigne Discusses Fight With Miranda

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video Interview: Despaigne Discusses Fight With Miranda

Here's a link to a pretty good video interview with Yordanis Despaigne, where he discusses, among other things, his upcoming fight with Edison Miranda. There's also a link on the site to an interview with a trash-talking Miranda disparaging Despaigne and Cuban fighters in general.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=680...goryid=2491554

He still on that Gladiator shit. That's what got him fucked up the first time. It's a coincidence I was watching his amateur videos and he was a good boxer that had quick feet and hands then I re-watched the Ishmael fight and he moved like he was in quicksand. Hopefully his camp can get him back to the boxer in him and the less sit there and punch. Plus he was on that bravado shit which didn't help at all.

Comment

Originally posted by killacash View Post
      He still on that Gladiator shit. That's what got him fucked up the first time. It's a coincidence I was watching his amateur videos and he was a good boxer that had quick feet and hands then I re-watched the Ishmael fight and he moved like he was in quicksand. Hopefully his camp can get him back to the boxer in him and the less sit there and punch. Plus he was on that bravado shit which didn't help at all.
      That chest-thumping was getting old real quick, too. I wasn't too crazy about Despaigne to begin with; he's a second-tier Cuban fighter, as far as I'm concerned. But I'm glad they did this video. Yordanis comes across as a decent guy who recognizes he was taken out of his element, and it contributed to his loss. (Although I think Sillakh is better, anyway.) He even admits that he's not a big puncher. Hopefully he doesn't fall for Miranda's trash-talk. Edison's been trying real hard to push Despaigne's buttons.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
        That chest-thumping was getting old real quick, too. I wasn't too crazy about Despaigne to begin with; he's a second-tier Cuban fighter, as far as I'm concerned. But I'm glad they did this video. Yordanis comes across as a decent guy who recognizes he was taken out of his element, and it contributed to his loss. (Although I think Sillakh is better, anyway.) He even admits that he's not a big puncher. Hopefully he doesn't fall for Miranda's trash-talk. Edison's been trying real hard to push Despaigne's buttons.
        You should put up Miranda's espn video lol. He clowning tough.

Comment

Originally posted by killacash View Post
          You should put up Miranda's espn video lol. He clowning tough.
          I mentioned the link at the start of the thread. It's right under the Despaigne video on the ESPN site. Edison was talking crazy trash. Some of it seems aimed at hyping the fight. But Miranda's kind of kooky; I think he means much of it. lol

Comment

Working...
          X