Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Guerrero be a tougher opponent for Mayweather than Victor Ortiz?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I doubt it.

Guererro's may not have the physical attributes that Ortiz has but he has the mental toughness, chin, stamina, versatility, things Ortiz doesn't bring to the table.

Comment

guerrero is a bum, but then again ortiz is a bum so it's hard to know

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
        guerrero is a bum, but then again ortiz is a bum so it's hard to know
        How is Guerrero a bum? He just put on a great performance against Berto, and while Robert isn't an A level fighter, he's a solid B IMO anyway and showed more heart and toughness in that fight. If manny was fighting him people would be praising the little big headed dwarf to no end. The double standards are amusing at least.

Comment

I think so because he's waaaaaay smarter than Ortiz. He's not going to get away from the plan or let Floyd get in his head.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
            I doubt it.

Guererro's may not have the physical attributes that Ortiz has but he has the mental toughness, chin, stamina, versatility, things Ortiz doesn't bring to the table.
            And if people cant see Floyd is aging they not looking , also it will be interesting to see any effects of the jail time , I think it had a profound effect on Floyd mentally .

Comment

Originally posted by BTTAG145 View Post
              I think so because he's waaaaaay smarter than Ortiz. He's not going to get away from the plan or let Floyd get in his head.
              he's smarter than a tree? congrats to him.

Comment

I think Ortiz is better than Guerrero and would beat him... He's like a bigger, faster, stronger version of Guerrero... Equally as "dirty" as well. I think just age wise the fight may be harder and also because the fight will last longer since It probably wont end in an abrupt manner like the Ortiz one did.

I also disagree with people saying He has things ortiz doesnt (like a chin and stamina) Ortiz has quite a chin and the guy is in supreme shape. Mental toughness is about all he does have over Ortiz...but he's probably just as wreckless an cant defend an uppercut worth a damn... Still, Ortiz CAN be a Lion..on certain days of the month lol
                Last edited by NearHypnos; 04-04-2013, 07:31 PM.

Comment

Interesting....seems split down the middle...I still say Guerrero is easy work for Mayweather. I think people are going to be surprised by Floyd. He's going back down to 147, hopefully he doesn't have the flu and he seems to be training like an animal.

I can't wait to see it live

Comment

Originally posted by mconstantine View Post
                    Interesting....seems split down the middle...I still say Guerrero is easy work for Mayweather. I think people are going to be surprised by Floyd. He's going back down to 147, hopefully he doesn't have the flu and he seems to be training like an animal.

I can't wait to see it live
                    Problem is, many times Floyd makes things look so easy that he winds up taking crap about his opponent and suddenly they are "a bum".

Comment

Working...
                    X