man..watch the replay
      I am sure Montiel will prevail by knockout in round 1...LMAO

Comment

Originally posted by ModernTalking View Post
        I am sure Montiel will prevail by knockout in round 1...LMAO

Comment

Originally posted by FINCHINGBAG View Post
          ...are different breed of boxers today.
          They are like a pool table player (billiard player), they are thinker and
          always calculate opponents position, weaknesses & strength.

They used measurement, and relationships of points, lines, angles, surfaces, and solids...in other words Geometry in boxing is the new game in town.

Mexican fighters relied in power and toughness.

Pacquiao I believed is the most tactical fighter, thinker and no fear.
          I think you need to relax your going to get all the Filipinos heads a little too big.
          Filipino boxers are simply a flare up in time. Like a winning lottery ticket, Mexicans African Americans and Puerto Ricans have a dynasty in boxing that has been around since boxing started and will continue.:blow:

Comment

Originally posted by Century Tuna View Post
            I am sure Montiel will prevail by knockout in round 1....LMAO

Comment

A different breed of boxer [than the Filipino's of the past]... Is this what ur saying? Becuz if ur saying Filipino boxers r the only thinkers than ur an idiot.

Just a few names:
              FLOYD MAYWEATHER
              Juan Manuel Marquez
              Sergio Martinez
              Bernard Hopkins
              Andre Ward

All those names, while taking into consideration Pacquiao is hardly a thinker

Comment

I am Filipino but this thread is just overdoing it.

To the thread starter, how long have you been watching boxing?

Comment

Pacquiao is not a thinker, he is an in-out brawler. Pacquiao can't even think for himself he has advisers and Arum to think for him. The only filipino tactical fighters that I know of now are Donaire and Melindo.

Comment

Originally posted by ModernTalking View Post
                    I am sure Montiel will prevail by knockout in round 1.....LMAO
                    ouch!

Comment

Originally posted by MexiKneecanQuit View Post
                      I think you need to relax your going to get all the Filipinos heads a little too big.
                      Filipino boxers are simply a flare up in time. Like a winning lottery ticket, Mexicans African Americans and Puerto Ricans have a dynasty in boxing that has been around since boxing started and will continue.:blow:
                      I disagree with this thread but even though Filipino does not have a dynasty in boxing, there was already a Filipino world champion before WW2. Philippines might not have a lot of champions as PR and Mexico does, but there is Filipino presence in boxing even before Pacquiao and Donaire. You have to see also that PR is part of the US and Mexico is a neighbor(of the US), meaning they got more easy access to the mecca of boxing(US). WBO is also based in PR and WBC is in Mexico. Philippines is an ocean away.

Comment

Working...
                      X