Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just when I wanted to say Maidana was Ortiz' Ricardo Torres!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just when I wanted to say Maidana was Ortiz' Ricardo Torres!

So..since I've been watching Ortiz I've been saying how he reminds me so much of Cotto from the:
    • weight gain overnight from 140 to 155 like Cotto use to do..
    • The switch style..Cotto left handed Orthodox fighter..Ortiz right handed Southpaw fighter..
    • To the good boxer but brawler all in one especially at such a young age..

and then comes tonight!..a guy from south america with AMAZING KO power kind of like Ricardo Torres when he fought Cotto..except Torres was undefeated..first round was very similar with POWER SHOTS LANDING!..but then..Ortiz goes down FLAT!..I shat myself!..then he gets up and BRAWLS ON!..stupid move..just like Cotto after he got hurt by Torres..

But then Ortiz decides to not establish a jab..feint..clinch (another one of Cotto's bad habits!)..or simply hold in some stamina..UGHH!...Ortiz frustrated me tonight..and I feel stupid for comparing him to someone like Cotto who although hurt and made the mistake to continue brawling he kept his composure..and boxed and broke Torres down!!..Ortiz had the tools to do the same..but he let his own hype get to him..and HE QUIT!..why!?..they covered it nicely blaming it on the Cut..but he waved his hand off..that KILLED ME!..

Ortiz has A LOT TO LEARN..he's has GREAT TALENT and I'm still a FAN..and I HOPE HE DOESN'T QUIT BOXING!...

well that's my Ortiz rant..I'm sure there's about 100 more!

More like his Felix Trinidad (vargas)

Comment

Ortiz didn't use low blows to get back in the fight. What happened tonight could have happened to Cotto if he didn't

Comment

Originally posted by egreezy View Post
        Ortiz didn't use low blows to get back in the fight. What happened tonight could have happened to Cotto if he didn't
        False!..

another critic with lopsided facts!..

Cotto is and has ALWAYS been a consistent body puncher..and those guys tend to ALWAYS go low a few outta the 100 times they aim for the body..Torres was hit to the body a couple times when he cried low blow!..even dropped to his knees delayed!! hoping the ref would deduct!..

Cotto broke that dude down with BODY SHOTS!..sure a few slipped low..but so did Margarito, Clottey, Corley, and plenty more against Cotto and Many others have also!..Cotto just doesn't act stupid and drops lays out flat crying about his nuts!..and pictures have shown he prolly outweighs them all there..no ****!..

The low blows had NOTHING to do wit the outcome..Cotto's talent and intelligence came thru for him!..

Comment

Originally posted by .::WaRCoTTo::. View Post
          So..since I've been watching Ortiz I've been saying how he reminds me so much of Cotto from the:
          • The switch style..Cotto left handed Orthodox fighter..Ortiz right handed Southpaw fighter..

and then comes tonight!..a guy from south america with AMAZING KO power kind of like Ricardo Torres when he fought Cotto..except Torres was undefeated..first round was very similar with POWER SHOTS LANDING!..but then..Ortiz goes down FLAT!..I shat myself!..then he gets up and BRAWLS ON!..stupid move..just like Cotto after he got hurt by Torres..

But then Ortiz decides to not establish a jab..feint..clinch (another one of Cotto's bad habits!)..or simply hold in some stamina..UGHH!...Ortiz frustrated me tonight..and I feel stupid for comparing him to someone like Cotto who although hurt and made the mistake to continue brawling he kept his composure..and boxed and broke Torres down!!..Ortiz had the tools to do the same..but he let his own hype get to him..and HE QUIT!..why!?..they covered it nicely blaming it on the Cut..but he waved his hand off..that KILLED ME!..

Ortiz has A LOT TO LEARN..he's has GREAT TALENT and I'm still a FAN..and I HOPE HE DOESN'T QUIT BOXING!...

My thoughts exactly!

Comment

Originally posted by .::WaRCoTTo::. View Post

i think cotto has a better chin than ortiz tho.

Comment

Don't compare Ortiz to Cotto. Cotto is on his way to the Hall of Fame and Ortiz just quit against a bum.

Comment

Originally posted by Pullcounter View Post
                i think cotto has a better chin than ortiz tho.
                I think Cotto's chin has always been pretty average..but I think he has GREAT BALANCE!..and his ability to dodge punches especially in high action moments is very VERY underrated!...

Comment

i was pretty dissappointed about this fight.he's still young though.he certanly had alot to learn prior to this fight.hopefully he continues to grow as a fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by Alpha-Omega View Post
                    i was pretty dissappointed about this fight.he's still young though.he certanly had alot to learn prior to this fight.hopefully he continues to grow as a fighter.
                    Bro!..He's talking like he wants to quit the SPORT Tho!!..why?!..

He's like "I don't know..I'm still pretty young..I don't deserve to be taking these kind of beatings"..whaaaat?!..that caught me off guard!!..

Comment

Working...
                    X