Originally posted by BrushMyHair! View Post
    Mayweather
    Hopkins
    Klitschko
    Pacquiao
    This is the list. Period.

Comment

Originally posted by Bozbay View Post
      There isn't 4, unless you want to consider Oscar De La Hoya... which we should because he transitioned Floyd's and Pac's career.

Mayweather
      Pacquiao
      Cotto
      De Lay Hoya

Fuk it, lets throw Roy Jones Jr in there too.

Comment

If Klitschko is not in your list then idk

Comment

Originally posted by BrushMyHair! View Post
          Am I really going to be the only person who puts Bernard on here
          Very true, I and others forget about Old Bernard, definitely one of the greats! I had Floyd, Pac, Cotto, & Marquez but I could easily replace Cotto or Marquez with BHop with no issue, I could even withstand an argument that BHop should be first or second on my list.

Comment

Hopkins has a legitimate claim too just based on his longevity.

Comment

Originally posted by DuttyAlacrity View Post
              Interesting. I see your train of thought here.
              I would say Marquez but he goes out the picture when you ask yourself, when did Floyd and Pac become PPV stars? When they fought Oscar. They nearly all fought each other. You can't consider Wladimir to be on this list because he is a heavyweight and of course, never fought the other guys.

The original "four kings" all fought eachother. So you cannot include fighters who never fought eachother, e.g. Hopkins.

Asking "Who are the four greatest of this era" is different.
              Last edited by Bozbay; 11-20-2015, 01:02 PM.

Comment

BHop
                May
                Pac
                Wlad

Comment

Mayweather, Pacquaio, Marquez and klitchko

Hopkins... is not in the era of fighters that turned pro in the 90s

DLH, Trinidad and Mosley were born in the 70s but look at any video, they were at their most potent in the 90s like Jones who was born in 69...those guys at 135-147 would've made noise in any era

hopkins is in the generation of people born in the 60s and Roy, Pernell,Holyfield are in his era generation

Mayweather is the best

Pacquaio is the most beloved

Klitchko is the underappreciated after a great era like former champion larry holmes(Holyfield, Tyson, Lewis, and Bowe ran the 90s klitchko is from the 96 Olympics like pbf)

Marquez is the unsung hero who had an ATG trainer Nacho, beat one of the best of his era in a one in a lifetime ko over Pac...also won titles from 126-140
                  and his longevity, world class at lighter weights in his late 30s after fighting in near obscurity in the early 3rd or half of his career

these are the 4 kings in my book

Comment

Floy PAC wlad. Bhop/cotto/jmm?

Comment

Marquez and Cotto have not achieved as much as Hopkins has achieved in boxing

Comment

Working...
                      X