Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Brian Sutherland crack the top 490,000 on the all-time P4P list?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does Brian Sutherland crack the top 490,000 on the all-time P4P list?

I'm gonna say yes but by a hair.

WAR B-SUTH

Close but I have him at #490001.

Suprises me there aren't more threads on him.

Comment

Shoot my friend said the same thing...had him just outside the top 490K. Said he didn't do quite enough in his two career rounds to warrant a spot in that echelon.

IDK...no offense but I kinda think y'all are just player hating

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
        Shoot my friend said the same thing...had him just outside the top 490K. Said he didn't do quite enough in his two career rounds to warrant a spot in that echelon.

IDK...no offense but I kinda think y'all are just player hating
        Yeah I have been accused of being too critical.

Comment

Sutherland's perpetual snubbing by the IBHOF is one of the greatest injustices in all of boxing. Fitzsimmons brought us the solar plexus punch... McCoy gave us the corkscrew hook... and Brian Sutherland revolutionized boxing with his deadly open handed slaps. Joe Calzaghe patterned his style after Sutherland, but never quite perfected it the way Sutherland did.

The main problem for Sutherland's opponents was the sheer volume of incoming punches, coupled with the blinding effect they had. Because he threw his punches palm first, there was no way opponents could clearly see the next punches coming, and Sutherland threw combinations on par with, or greater than, Joe Louis.

It's not a well-known story, but Michael Spinks was contemplating a comeback in the early 90s, and planned to get his weight back down to 175. He approached Don King and asked King to find an opponent suitable for his return bout. In a closed-door meeting, King told Spinks that he was ready to set up a Sutherland -Spinks matchup. Spinks stood up and shouted, "I'm not fighting that &$#er! If you love him so much, you fight him!!!"
          Last edited by SBleeder; 02-11-2013, 11:18 AM.

Comment

Lmfao!!!! Priceless

Comment

Working...
            X