This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by LomaUsykKlichko View Post
    Don't you love when Brits talk **** about other leagues and then get spanked by the teams from the other leagues. They got to wake up English league is like the 4th best league in Europe.
    Such an ignorant and inflammatory remark.

When a team like West Brom can field Berahino and Rondon up front, it's a clear indication that the league as a whole is a very high level.

Top players from PSV and other past European giants join the likes of Stoke now. STOKE.

If I was to rank the top 20 teams worldwide, Bayern, Barca and Madrid would be in the top 5. The remaining 17 places would be inundated with Premier League teams.

Comment

• Originally posted by El-blanco View Post
      Nobody said that. We said the league isn't as good as you Brits think. you threw a Tantrum over it but then claim you don't support the league. Make your mind up
      Threw a tantrum? No I just pointed out a fact that the Premiership is clearly more competitive than other leagues.

The top teams in La Liga - Barca and Real Madrid - are better than everyone in the Premiership. But from around 4th place down, La Liga is rubbish.

I don't have to "support the league" to notice that.

Comment

• Look if BPL was exclusive to UK viewers it would be as big as Eredivisie, if it was exclusive to English footballers than BPL would be as exciting as Finnish league .
        the majority of the money comes from outside so STFU

Comment

• Originally posted by Phenom View Post
          Look if BPL was exclusive to UK viewers it would be as big as Eredivisie, if it was exclusive to English footballers than BPL would be as exciting as Finnish league .
          the majority of the money comes from outside so STFU
          If my aunt had a d!ck she would be my uncle. What's your point?

Comment

• Originally posted by Money_May View Post
            A Canadian Sevilla fan, who supports Chile because of his wife.

I love this thread.
            What team would you prefer I support in a league I enjoy watching that is outside of my country? Should I just like the best teams like everyone else? I'd say my reasons are better than most supposed fans. If you've ever travelled outside of that depressing, grey, city you live in, I think you'd realize how easy it is to fall in love with certain cities. Some of you guys in here sound like bitter, insecure, idiots. People all over the world love futbol/football/soccer, you need to re-evaluate your life if that bothers you.

Being criticized by a soccer hipster who is also a khan fan

Comment

• Originally posted by BodiesInFlight View Post
              If my aunt had a d!ck she would be my uncle. What's your point?
              foreigners own the league the majority of the players are not English most of the money comes from outside UK so what's native about BPL?

Comment

• The goal posts seem to have shifted from 'the Premier League is ****' to 'the England national team is ****. I'm sure nobody here is disputing the latter. However, i will reaffirm my point: the premier league is the best in terms of talent and in terms of excitement in the world.

Comment

• Originally posted by Phenom View Post
                  foreigners own the league the majority of the players are not English most of the money comes from outside UK so what's native about BPL?
                  I don't think anyone claimed otherwise here did they?

Look at Real and Barca, all their best players aren't Spanish yet that isn't a minus for their league. So why is having a foreign influence on the premier league a bad thing?

As for money, the latest UK rights was £5 billion. so i think that's the major source of income.

Comment

• Originally posted by Adamjr91 View Post
                    The goal posts seem to have shifted from 'the Premier League is ****' to 'the England national team is ****. I'm sure nobody here is disputing the latter. However, i will reaffirm my point: the premier league is the best in terms of talent and in terms of excitement in the world.
                    And that's why its disappointing when they don't do well in europe, you got Sevilla winning 2x in a row with main players leaving each year to bigger clubs, This year City looks stacked but why cant they do what Bayern does and destroy teams? Look at that roaster they should be on top of the table in the PL also.

Comment

• Originally posted by RetroSpeed05 View Post
                      And that's why its disappointing when they don't do well in europe, you got Sevilla winning 2x in a row with main players leaving each year to bigger clubs, This year City looks stacked but why cant they do what Bayern does and destroy teams? Look at that roaster they should be on top of the table in the PL also.
                      We have gone over this already. PL teams can't rest their best players in a Premier league weekend fixture when theres a CL midweek match 2-3 days later because if said PL team doesn't field their strongest players in a league match, they are more than likely going to drop points.

With regards to the Europa League, PL teams that qualify for that competition end up playing second stringers in those fixtures. The Europa League is viewed as a second rate competition in England, which it is.

Comment

Working...
                      X