Man sues Killzone for not being 1080p, demands $5 million

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Man sues Killzone for not being 1080p, demands $5 million

http://metro.co.uk/2014/08/07/man-su...llion-4824325/

A PS4 owner has filed a lawsuit against Sony, claiming they used ‘deceptive marketing’ for Killzone: Shadow Fall and its graphics.

We don’t know where to begin with the crazy on this one, but the lawsuit (in America, natch) revolves around adverts for Killzone: Shadow Fall that insisted the game would run at a native 1080p resolution – the highest possible for next gen consoles and one often not achieved in practice.

Shadow Fall’s single-player campaign does run at the full resolution but in multiplayer it dips from 1920 by 1080 to 960 by 1080, with developer Guerrilla Games admitting that they use a technique they call ‘temporal reprojection’ to give the illusion of native 1080p.

Plaintiff Douglad Ladore though calls it ‘deceptive marketing’ and ‘a technological shortcut that was supposed to provide ‘subjectively similar’ results’.

5 mil? dude should be lucky to get his 50 bucks back, the fucc he get 5 mil from? emotional suffering?

Comment

........ I just went on youtube to see some game footage It looks decent but consoles need to start including options for FOV it looks slow mo.

Comment

In today's world of frivolous lawsuits, I honestly wouldn't be surprised if the judge ruled in his favor.

Comment

Killzone is the third most visually stunning game I have ever played. Behind only Crysis 3 on max settings and arguably infamous second sun with its gorgeous lighting and effects.

Comment

God Bless America. (Being Sarcastic)

Comment

Working...
            X