No announcement yet.

Is this whats Boxing is becoming?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PAC-BOY View Post
    How can any real Boxing Fan not be disappointed. Manny Pacquiao is not that good and Marquez is not that Bad. This was a circus act - payday for both fighters. Who gets it in the ass? The fans! This has been the worst travasty i have seen in the past decade. All brought to you by None other than Manny Pacquiao. Yet again cherry picks another opponent. Most of us knew how this was gonna turn out,but none was prepared for DLH/HATTON/DIAZ to be so uncompetitive. It was not because Manny Pacquiao was sooooo good!

I think some of us, if not most of us had higher expectations of this fight being more competitive than it was. For Manny Pacquiao to WEIGHT DRAIN OLD FIGHTERS make weight and For DLH to except a pay off for it, for more money, was the beginning of what was the ride PPV and HBO and good ole Pacquiao took us on. Fill in the rest yourself
    ...dude your the fan, I've been watching boxing for 15 years.

Comment

Mayweather won that fight because he was stronger, faster, bigger, like everyone says. Marquez did not engage into fighting, probably because the punches were a lot stronger from Floyd than expected. for someone which so much physical talent and skills, he should just go for the fight against Mosley or Cotto or whatever. ur a boxer, fight the best if u want a legacy. i will probably watch the next floyd fight, but i wont expect none of it. It was a boxing masterclass.. but it could've been way more spectacular.

in comparison: the same sport of boxing had Mosley-Margarito, and we know how that turned out.

Comment

Originally posted by paulsinghnl View Post
        Mayweather won that fight because he was stronger, faster, bigger, like everyone says. Marquez did not engage into fighting, probably because the punches were a lot stronger from Floyd than expected. for someone which so much physical talent and skills, he should just go for the fight against Mosley or Cotto or whatever. ur a boxer, fight the best if u want a legacy. i will probably watch the next floyd fight, but i wont expect none of it. It was a boxing masterclass.. but it could've been way more spectacular.

in comparison: the same sport of boxing had Mosley-Margarito, and we know how that turned out.
        Gayweather couldn't even put away a guy whom he outweighs by 15 lbs, who's bloated, slow and clearly affected by too much weight.

That's gayweather for you.

Comment

Originally posted by pac-boy View Post
          how can any real boxing fan not be disappointed. Mayweather is not that good and marquez is not that bad. This was a circus act - payday for both fighters. Who gets it in the ass? The fans! This has been the worst travasty i have seen in the past decade. All brought to you by none other than floyd mayweather. Yet again cherry picks another opponent. Most of us knew how this was gonna turn out,but none was prepared for jmm to be so uncompetitive. It was not because floyd was sooooo good!
          I think some of us, if not most of us had higher expectations of this fight being more competitive than it was. For floyd to not make weight and for jmm to except a pay off for it, for more money, was the beginning of what was the ride ppv and hbo and good ole mayweather took us on. He avoided questions, interviews and refused the unofficial weigh in. Nice. Marquez and his team should of seen through the bull**** and and pulled out of the fight or made him lose that weight. The money was the most important thing here. Not the fans. Hell ,its always that way when it comes to floyd!
          i hate to admit it because im a floyd fan but you are correct.

Comment

the embarassing part is he couldn't ko marquez who is very small compare to him and he has all the advatages. i feel ashamed to be a fan but he's still my idol.

Comment

How can any real Boxing Fan not be disappointed. Mayweather is not that good and Marquez is not that Bad. This was a circus act - payday for both fighters. Who gets it in the ass? The fans! This has been the worst travasty i have seen in the past decade. All brought to you by None other than Floyd Mayweather. Yet again cherry picks another opponent. Most of us knew how this was gonna turn out,but none was prepared for JMM to be so uncompetitive. It was not because Floyd was sooooo good!
              I think some of us, if not most of us had higher expectations of this fight being more competitive than it was. For Floyd to NOT make weight and For JMM to except a pay off for it, for more money, was the beginning of what was the ride PPV and HBO and good ole Mayweather took us on. He avoided questions, interviews and refused the unofficial weigh in. Nice. Marquez and his team should of seen through the bull**** and and pulled out of the fight or made him lose that weight. The money was the most important thing here. Not the fans. Hell ,ts always that way when it comes to Floyd!
              the fight was not great, it was ok tho. fact is id be pretty dissapointed if id not watched the undercard! It was the best, most exciting undercard in years wohoo loved it!

Comment

How can any real Boxing Fan not be disappointed. Mayweather is not that good and Marquez is not that Bad. This was a circus act - payday for both fighters. Who gets it in the ass? The fans! This has been the worst travasty i have seen in the past decade. All brought to you by None other than Floyd Mayweather. Yet again cherry picks another opponent. Most of us knew how this was gonna turn out,but none was prepared for JMM to be so uncompetitive. It was not because Floyd was sooooo good!
                I think some of us, if not most of us had higher expectations of this fight being more competitive than it was. For Floyd to NOT make weight and For JMM to except a pay off for it, for more money, was the beginning of what was the ride PPV and HBO and good ole Mayweather took us on. He avoided questions, interviews and refused the unofficial weigh in. Nice. Marquez and his team should of seen through the bull**** and and pulled out of the fight or made him lose that weight. The money was the most important thing here. Not the fans. Hell ,ts always that way when it comes to Floyd!
                Whoa, nah, nah, no. Don't blame Floyd because some FANS decided to press some buttons on that t.v. remote.

You're giving Floyd way too much credit, he's a highly skilled, uber-talented pugilist who loves to run his mouth. But, one thing he ain't got, is the power to control people's minds(just weak ones).

Comment

If your statement is because of boxing TS, then I understand, but I hate Pac fans trying to point out **** to discredit Floyd, and Floyd fans pointing out stuff that discredit Pac.

I mean I've seen threads and posts like "Pac closes his eyes when he punches, Floyld would school anyone that does that" or
                  "Floyd got schooled by Judah for four rounds, Pac has the same speed and will KO him because Judah is a bum"

Just look at the siggies and you can see why these posts are being made. It's sad to see that very few fans stay objective and become very bias and irrational.

Comment

Originally posted by bucktoof View Post
                    Hell yah bro. Watching Floyd run from a little guy was ****in annoying, so for relief, I rewatched Cotto-Marg, a real fight, a man's fight. Cotto's a tough MFer. Even though he took a knee, he never actually got KD'ed by the plaster bombs Marg was landing on him. I don't see how Pac's gonna hurt him.
                    dammmnnn bro i did the same ****, floyd was really dissapointing last night at least he should have tried to get the little guy knocked out, its a shame

Comment

Mayweather weighed 146lb against Marquez and Marquez weighed 142lb. Those extra 4 pounds turned the fight into a circus show which enable Mayweather to completely school Marquez right?

So when Pacquiao weighed in at 147lb and Marquez weighed in at 143lb ( a 4lb weight difference) what happened? Did Pacquiao completely outclass Marquez in the circus act?

Comment

Working...
                      X