No announcement yet.

Marquez Is Comfortable With 144; Pacquiao Is 145

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marquez Is Comfortable With 144; Pacquiao Is 145

I don't understand the big deal with this fight other than people are against Manny (Why? Great fighter? Check. Gentleman and sportsman? Check. Exciting? Check. Lays golden eggs? Nope, maybe that's all he needs to do.) and complain about everything he has done.

Marquez called out a welterweight named Floyd Mayweather and wanted it at 144. Marquez called out a welterweight named Manny Pacquiao and wanted it at 144. Clearly HE has no issues with 144. Why does everybody else? Because he lost to a Floyd Mayweather that didn't even attempt to make weight? He went twelve hard rounds and had his moments against a usually flawless fighter. He's not a bum at 144.

Manny has never weighed more than 145 for a fight including a fight at Junior Middleweight. That's five times that Manny Pacquiao has fought at Welterweight or higher and has never come in on the weight. Clearly, Manny is nothing more than a 145 pounder at the most.

If Manny is just simply a better fighter than Marquez... you kinda can't down his legacy for that. That is kinda the point he wants to make. That is kinda the point to any fight - one guy will be the better fighter. Why don't we call Ray Robinson overrated too? He dared to fight guys he was better than too!

“I can make lightweight if I want to said Pacquiao" CW king....

Comment

1 word "*****s" never gives credit to MP.

Comment

Originally posted by skillswin View Post
        “I can make lightweight if I want to said Pacquiao" CW king....
        "I will fight at 144." Marquez twice when making challenges.

Marquez doesn't get to sign a contract for 144 pounds after making the challenge then complain about the weight after (if, and most likely when) he loses. If Manny were to call out Martinez and sign on at 155 then get sparked he couldn't come back and say Martinez was a ***** for not fighting at 147.

Comment

Go ahead and read about what Marquez had to say about putting on weight for the fight with Floyd. Go ahead, I'll wait.

Comment

Originally posted by Chadmazing View Post
            "I will fight at 144." Marquez twice when making challenges.

Marquez doesn't get to sign a contract for 144 pounds after making the challenge then complain about the weight after (if, and most likely when) he loses. If Manny were to call out Martinez and sign on at 155 then get sparked he couldn't come back and say Martinez was a ***** for not fighting at 147.
            You think Marquez was going to say "Yeah I want the fight at 135" be real dude. He was willing to get out of his confort zone to make millions of dollars. If he even mentioned 135 they would have never even considered him.

Comment

Did you justify the floyd fight aswell??if not keep it real son

Comment

Bulking up/lowering down to 135 for the scales, then adding 9lbs of water weight is what Marquez is comfortable with.

Bulking up to 144lbs for the scale is a whole different story.

Comment

Originally posted by EngorgedW/Blood View Post
                  Bulking up/lowering down to 135 for the scales, then adding 9lbs of water weight is what Marquez is comfortable with.

they wont understand this

Comment

Originally posted by EngorgedW/Blood View Post

Agreed, I'm happy to see that today I've found people who use their logic and understand how this weight thing works.

Comment

Working...
                    X