No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Roman Martinez Has 30 Days to Reach Mikey Garcia Deal

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Roman Martinez Has 30 Days to Reach Mikey Garcia Deal

World Boxing Organization (WBO) President Francisco Valcarcel has given their junior lightweight champion Roman "Rocky" Martinez 30 days to reach an agreement with his mandatory challenger Miguel Angel "Mikey" Garcia. If the two sides fail to reach an agreement, the fight will head to a purse bid. Top Rank has targeted for a tentative date of November 9th in Texas, where Vanes Martirosyan and Demetrisu Andrade will battle for the vacant WBO title at 154-pounds and Nontito Donaire will make his return in a probable rematch against Vic Darchinyan. Martinez has been unhappy with the offer of $300,000.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Wow! Donaire vs Darchynian rematch finally? I really like Donaire but Darchynian is a very bold risk taker like me and I appreciate that.

Comment

Martinez is a tough fighter but definitely one of the weakest champions out there, its just a matter of time before he loses that belt. I guess by not fighting Garcia he wants to remain champion for a little while longer because once Garcia gets a hold of him, its over!

Comment

Darchinyan?
        Weak...

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
          Darchinyan?
          Weak...
          He agreed to 126? LOL. Wow.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
            He agreed to 126? LOL. Wow.
            I just said probably there... but I don't want to see that again.... Darchinyan acting like he made him.
            Your ass beating made him

Comment

i really hope no darchinyan rematch...last i read darchinyan wasn't willing to go to 126 and donaire is debuting at featherweight with no catchweight....

Comment

I could see Garcia getting him out of there in a round.

Comment

Originally posted by ddangerous View Post
                  I could see Garcia getting him out of there in a round.
                  I agree, this fight is so loop-sided is not even worth watching. On the other hand....can you imagine Mickey getting caught by one of those wild hooks Martinez throws and getting KO'ed? That would be the biggest upset in ....forever!

Comment

Originally posted by Basco View Post
                    I agree, this fight is so loop-sided is not even worth watching. On the other hand....can you imagine Mickey getting caught by one of those wild hooks Martinez throws and getting KO'ed? That would be the biggest upset in ....forever!
                    You mean since last Saturday?

Who else does Donaire take on that's with Top Rank, Juanma? Orlando Salido already has a fight. Those above fighters, as well as Darchinyan are already shop worn at this point.

Comment

Working...
                    X