Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tune Up Bouts can be good...even for FLoyd Mayweather..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tune Up Bouts can be good...even for FLoyd Mayweather..

A lot of casual fans speak against tune up fights as if they are a bad thing in boxing. If a fighter is coming off a lost or a period of inactive, a tune up can be a good thing. If thats what it takes to get the fighter back into the swing of things so be it. A lot of people critize floyd for taking a tune up fight for silly reasons. Maybe its just floyd thats why they complain. If you feel that marquez is just a tune up fight for floyd then that says a lot about floyd.

Marquez got him where he needed to be and that was in the ring with the WW champ of the world SUgar Shane, the guy who destroyed margarito. If a tune up lines floyd up for floyd this summer lines him up for something big by the end of the year then support the fact that he's back..

Everyone with a big name is practically tied up for the summer months, and will be free late fall. IF floyd is returning for the summer, then something big will follow...THis is probably his last come back so whatever it is, its gonna be big this fall...

NO!

Floyd in the coming years will have 1 or 2 fights in a year then have a 18 month vaction period again, that means in the future there will be more tune up fights for Floyd in the future which means garbage oppenent, wack fight.

Comment

how many tune ups does floyd ****ing need?.....lol....

its just an excuse for floyd to be in ****ty fights, thats all.....

Comment

Originally posted by Born2Live View Post
        NO!

Floyd in the coming years will have 1 or 2 fights in a year then have a 18 month vaction period again, that means in the future there will be more tune up fights for Floyd in the future which means garbage oppenent, wack fight.
        and you're a casual fan, according to this ts.

Comment

Originally posted by Born2Live View Post
          NO!

Seriously, he fights a tuneup, makes some money, and then can go back to being retired for another year. No f***ing tuneups.

Comment

Spadafora is At Least a Different Style

*******s only care about names, it dont matter how good Pacs opponents actually are. What I like is style match ups in boxing, Floyd gets my props for fighting different styles, Spadafora at the least is a different style for Floyd to figure out and conquer, Pac is the same **** everytime, oh joy its Pac vs another slow footed Mexican, or its Pac against Oldsley, the Black Mexican, truth is, if Floyd only fought the same style/type and level of opponent then I would criticize him but he gives a new look, new strategy and tactics everytime. Show some respect for the skills tards

Comment

Tune-ups should be done in a gym, thats what sparring sessions are for. Not on a $59.95 PPV

Comment

A tune-up is fine as long as that's what it really is, i.e. a tune-up fight for a superior opponent following that fight.

There is no real issue with Mayweather taking a tune-up fight as long as he takes on a legit WW following that.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
                  A tune-up is fine as long as that's what it really is, i.e. a tune-up fight for a superior opponent following that fight.

There is no real issue with Mayweather taking a tune-up fight as long as he takes on a legit WW following that.
                  I actually agree with you for once, like when he took a tune up against JMM and then fought Mosley.

I really doubt he will fight Spadafora though, its just speculation... no chance would they think they could get away with fighting him.

Comment

Working...
                  X