Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michael Jordan are people forgetting his greatness?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

meh

he was alright i guess

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
      meh

he was alright i guess
      youre right! a prime bryon scott school jordan!

Comment

Originally posted by miron_lang View Post
        You must be a teen ager and doesnt know the real concept of sports.

THEY DID WHAT THEY DID

figure this out

Before Jordan there was ELgin Baylor, Julius Erving

before Cp there was Bob Cousy and Isiah Thomas.

you think if CP was born same year as Cousy he will play the same ball game like todays?

yeah! Current players learn or get ideas from their heroes and who's arguing that 11 rings in an era that had Baylor, Oscar Robertson, Jerry West and Wilt etc.

just look at what they did. and i even qualify it as based on success.

no.

you dont crown the greatest player of a sport during the infancy of the sport.

there are players whose greatness would translate over to any era and there are players whose greatness is only the product of their time period.

bob cousy and bill russell are an example of players whose greantess does not translate over to different time periods.

especially athletes from the 60s.

Comment

Originally posted by DTMB View Post
          no.

you dont crown the greatest player of a sport during the infancy of the sport.

there are players whose greatness would translate over to any era and there are players whose greatness is only the product of their time period.

bob cousy and bill russell are an example of players whose greantess does not translate over to different time periods.

especially athletes from the 60s.
          what do you mean translate?

for sure a guy like Alonzo Mourning or Dwight Howard with what they 'know' in their prime would be successfull in Bill Russell's era. but just because these 2 guys saw Centers before them do the pivot, do the jump hook, timed a monster block like what Kareem, Hakeem and other centers before them did.

You dont penalize players from the past because they didnt do the cross over and wasnt as athletic.

They succeed in the current game presented to them. and they are the one who innovates it.

Greatness is based on Success and with that Bill Russel is the greatest!

if you dont like this we can always say

Michael Jordan is the greatest scorer of all time with an average of 30ppg. lets not mind that he shares that with the stilt.

Comment

Originally posted by MaD vEiN View Post
            MJ said that he didn't consider himself as the GOAT, it'll be unfair to those who shaped the game before him

Russell, MJ, Wilt, Magic, Jabbar, Bird. etc....they're all greatest in their era
            I agree.

Comment

We talkin about practice?

Comment

I dont forget, im 37, and watched mj from nc to retirement. He is the mother****in goat son.

Comment

Originally posted by miron_lang View Post
                  what do you mean translate?

for sure a guy like Alonzo Mourning or Dwight Howard with what they 'know' in their prime would be successfull in Bill Russell's era. but just because these 2 guys saw Centers before them do the pivot, do the jump hook, timed a monster block like what Kareem, Hakeem and other centers before them did.

You dont penalize players from the past because they didnt do the cross over and wasnt as athletic.

They succeed in the current game presented to them. and they are the one who innovates it.

Greatness is based on Success and with that Bill Russel is the greatest!

if you dont like this we can always say

Michael Jordan is the greatest scorer of all time with an average of 30ppg. lets not mind that he shares that with the stilt.

you know exactly what i mean.

not all players would be great in any era. you think wilt would average 50 per game if he played in the 90s instead of the early 60s? you think oscar robertson would average a triple double if he played today?

Russell is the most successful not the greatest player of all time.

winning titles is just one part of analyzing greatness. Its not everything.

Who do you think is the greater player?

Robert Horry or Karl Malone?

Steve Kerr or Steve Nash?

Comment

Originally posted by DTMB View Post
                    you know exactly what i mean.

not all players would be great in any era. you think wilt would average 50 per game if he played in the 90s instead of the early 60s? you think oscar robertson would average a triple double if he played today?

Russell is the most successful not the greatest player of all time.

winning titles is just one part of analyzing greatness. Its not everything.

Who do you think is the greater player?

Robert Horry

he carried those Laker teams to titles, Kobe & Shaq didn't do ****

Comment

that Red 8 rep from DTMB is a lil bit stingy

i am out i'll return the favor later

btw

this argument is irrelevant here.

Bill Russell was the main man throughout his career grabbing up to 20 Rebounds per game. stopping the 7'1 Wilt almost every time.

in defining greatness we must put in the criteria.

greatest player? Winning is the barometer

Comment

Working...
                      X