• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greater Fighter: Chavez Sr or Floyd?

Originally posted by klipsch speaker View Post
    as of right now?

probably SR

he gets overrated often but he's one of if not the greatest fighter ever from mexico.

his resume is incredible. lots of bums on there, but what a run he had. over a huge period of time, too.

floyd beats up a few top flight scalps and i'll put him in the discussion with guys of that tier.

i think floyd's a better fighter and would beat SR in virtually every weight class in which he campaigned. i think the best fight would be at 130. floyd's classic perhaps. most great fighters have one, but floyd's never been pushed enough to be in one.

i think chavez' chin, consistency, and power at 130 would give floyd some issues. i still think floyd beats him in a decision.
    i have a hard time seeing anybody without huge physical advantages beating floyd mayweather, maybe duran or benny leonard, but those are superhuman fighters at 135 and beyond chavez.
    perhaps whitaker at 135

i dont think a smaller pressure fighter fits the bill for a style to beat mayweather.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
      as of right now?

probably SR

he gets overrated often but he's one of if not the greatest fighter ever from mexico.

his resume is incredible. lots of bums on there, but what a run he had. over a huge period of time, too.

floyd beats up a few top flight scalps and i'll put him in the discussion with guys of that tier.

i think floyd's a better fighter and would beat SR in virtually every weight class in which he campaigned. i think the best fight would be at 130. floyd's classic perhaps. most great fighters have one, but floyd's never been pushed enough to be in one.

i think chavez' chin, consistency, and power at 130 would give floyd some issues. i still think floyd beats him in a decision.
      i have a hard time seeing anybody without huge physical advantages beating floyd mayweather, maybe duran or benny leonard, but those are superhuman fighters at 135 and beyond chavez.
      perhaps whitaker at 135

i dont think a smaller pressure fighter fits the bill for a style to beat mayweather.
      What about their respective accomplishments? Legacies?

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
        as of right now?

probably SR

perhaps whitaker at 135

Almost exactly how I look at it. Floyd is better, and I'd pick him to beat Chavez at any weight, but Chavez Sr. had such an incredible run and his longevity can't be beat. Give him the edge based on that.

Comment

skillwise floyd beats chavez. but the amazing run chavez had and his legend are better than floyd is right now up to this point. but prime for prime, floyd beats chavez at any weight

Comment

Chavez sr. is a legend, Floyd has a long way to go to get there.

Its like comparing Michael Jordan with Lebron James
            Lebron is one of the best in the NBA right now but has
            a long way to go before he is Jordan status, if he even gets close.

You should ask this question on May 6,2012.

Comment

legacy wise (right now), I'd say Chavez, skillwise I agree with all of you guys, floyd would defeat chavez at any weight

Comment

Originally posted by jose830 View Post

smh...its not even close. sr is a legend and but hes def isnt michael jordan, well mebbe to mexicans. but floyd is a legend in his own right, and hes in no way comparable to lebron james, thats pure garbage.

Comment

Not even close. . . Chavez Sr.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                    X