Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Ricky Hatton Hadn't Ran Into The Pole, Does Floyd Still Win That Fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chunk View Post
    The hook at 0:35 did the most damage IMO.
    That was the finisher. But Ricky never had his legs back after the first punch.

Full round:

Comment

Originally posted by Frozen Butter View Post
      So wasn't that smart for him to do that? He knew it would hurt, but after the previous 2 rounds pretty much helpless on the cards. Do you think hatton gets stopped if he hadn't hit the pole? I think he get stopped. it's sad watching his fights. I just watched the watched the ninth round of the hatton-floyd fight 10 times.
      When HBO showed the scorecards Hatton only won 1 round on 2 of the judges scorecards, and 2 rounds on one of the other judges scorecard...very different from how Harold Lederman was scoring the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by PrettyBoyFloyd7 View Post
        When HBO showed the scorecards Hatton only won 1 round on 2 of the judges scorecards, and 2 rounds on one of the other judges scorecard...very different from how Harold Lederman was scoring the fight.
        I know. I was talking to a friend who said it was a close fight until the KO. I said, "OK, tell me the good punches hatton was landing".

*crickets*

Comment

That pole is wat probably sealed it. Not to mention he hit his head on the mat.

Comment

Hatton was about to make a stunning come-from-behind 11th round TKO win but Cortez flashed Ricky and distracted him, resulting in the TKO.

Comment

I'm glad to see so many well thought out answers since this topic was a parody of the one rogelio did about the JLC and Corrales fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Tunney View Post
                Hatton would have lost a decision, but not been KOed if his head hadn't hit the pole.
                Yeah, but did he run into the pole on purpose? What caused him to just stop fighting Floyd, and run into the pole...heh, heh, heh...lol

Comment

Hatton would have got ko'd in the 11th if it wasn't for that post

Comment

that was one of the funniest endings i've seen in a while...a check hook and next thing ricky saw was the pole...LOL

Comment

Lol it would of been worse if the pole wasnt there because he would of fell out the ring into roger mayweathers lap.

Comment

Working...
                      X