Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who do you YOU consider the man at each weight class?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Terrible... View Post
    i dont think Hatton should be considered the best 140 lbs fighter ,i think u have to say its Witter or Malignaggi untill Hatton addresses the situation
    If that was the case, you wouldn't be able to consider Mayweather the best fighter at 147. Hatton has beat far better fighters than Witter or Malignaggi.

Comment

Straweight: Don't know. I would have said Kyowa, but he lost a couple of months ago.

Jr. Flyweight: Calderon
      Flyweight: Daisuke Naito (or Donaire. Daisuke because he beat the man)
      Jr. Bantam: Mijares
      Bantam: Hasegawa
      Super Bantam: We'll find out tommorrow
      Feather: Jorge Linares
      Super Feather: We'll find out on the 15th
      Lightweight: Juan Diaz (pretty close with Casamayor)
      Jr. Welter: Ricky Hatton
      Welter: Floyd Mayweather
      Jr. Middle: Vernon Forrest
      Middle: Kelly Pavlik
      Super: Joe Calzaghe
      LH: Bernard Hopkins
      Crusier: David Haye
      Heavy: Wlad

Comment

well they are current Champions for a start Hatton is not

The question was who is the MAN, not who is the champion. Hatton beat Kostya Tszyu. Paulie M has beaten nobody.

Comment

Well see, I was gonna say Hatton for Jr. Welterweight, but...the man fights like such crap, I truely don't feel he's the best at 140lbs. I think someone else is out there, just waiting to shine. So I'm unsure on 140lbs and rather say, there's nobody that is THE MAN.

Comment

Originally posted by ELPacman View Post
            Ok forget about what others think, The Ring, P4P status, anything like that. Who do you feel is THE MAN to beat at each weight class? Don't have to name every class if you don't want.

Strawweight - Ivan Calderon
            Flyweight - Fernando Montiel
            Super Bantamweight - We'll find out tomorrow
            Super Featherweight - We'll find out March 15th
            Lightweight - Juan Diaz
            Welterweight - Miguel Cotto
            Middleweight - Kelly Pavlik
            Super Middleweight - Joe Calzaghe
            Heavyweight - Wladimir Klitscko(even after the bad performance)
            calderon moved up to light fly... montiel is a super fly(and not that good..)and you left out a bunch of divisions.....

Comment

Originally posted by -Hyperion- View Post
              calderon moved up to light fly... montiel is a super fly(and not that good..)and you left out a bunch of divisions.....

Montiel looked pretty damn good KO'ing Martin Castillo.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
                Montiel looked pretty damn good KO'ing Martin Castillo.

meh, all he has is athleticism(power-speed)....see his fight vs cecilio santos....hell even a shot castillo was ripping him apart before getting caught with that great left hook....that's the thing about montiel, he can pretty much change a fight with 1 punch...but as long as you dont get caught and exploit his **** defense, he's done...if cecilio santos was durable or a decent puncher he wouldve stopped montiel....

Comment

well they are current Champions for a start Hatton is not
                  WOW, I didn't expect this ignorant of a comment from you. There is only one champion at 140lbs, and that is Ricky Hatton. He is the linear champion and even though he fought the 147'b champ his last fight, doesn't mean he isn't the champ at 140. Someone has to take his 140lb belt for them to be the champ. You can argue if someone else is better, but Hatton is the champ.

I am a hard-lined believer in linear champions (I HATE alphabets) So that is taken into account for my rankings.

Heavyweight: No one-top contender is Wladimir Klitschko
                  Cruiserweight: David Haye
                  Light Heavyweight: Bernard Hopkins
                  Super Middleweight: Joe Calzaghe
                  Middleweight: Kelly Pavlik
                  Light Middleweight: No one-top contender Cory Spinks
                  Welterweight: Floyd Mayweather
                  Light Welterweight: Ricky Hatton
                  Lightweight: Joel Casamayor, People's Champ: Jose Santa Cruz
                  Jr. Lightweight: No one-top contender Manny Pacquiao
                  Featherweight: N one-top contender Chris John
                  Super Bantamweight: Israel Vazquez
                  Flyweight is all I care about below 120 and there is no champion but Nonito Donaire is the top contender.

I dont agree with all the rankings, but champions are only linear and titlist just equate to contenders. While some of these can change soon and I like guys like Juan Diaz, Vernon Forrest, and the Marquez brothers more than the champions or contenders. They need to win the title to be champions.

Comment

Originally posted by -Hyperion- View Post
                    meh, all he has is athleticism(power-speed)....see his fight vs cecilio santos....hell even a shot castillo was ripping him apart before getting caught with that great left hook....that's the thing about montiel, he can pretty much change a fight with 1 punch...but as long as you dont get caught and exploit his **** defense, he's done...if cecilio santos was durable or a decent puncher he wouldve stopped montiel....
                    I agree. That's why I think Mijares would beat him. He's on a whole different level boxing skills wise than Montiel. I would see Mijares slipping his punches and attacking with good combos like he usually does. The only reason why Navarro hit him so much because he threw like 1300 punches and Mijares slipped a majority, which showed in Navarro's low connection percentage. I love watching Mijares.

BTW it's funny when people say they don't watch the lower weights because they say they can kick their asses. To me that's being pretty bold and a stupid reason for not watching the smaller fighters.

Comment

Hatton's last fight at 140 (Castillo) was against the #1 contender according to the ring magazine. When have Malignaggi or Witter beaten a top 3 Light-Welter? Probably never.

Comment

Working...
                      X