No announcement yet.

Calzaghe was a rare jewel

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by revs1227 View Post

i rate joe with a group of special fighters who dont do any one thing great but just seem to have a deep deep desire to win and are incredibly hard to beat

calzaghe
    bradley
    ward
    floyd

not the best fighters but theyre the hardest to beat
    the thing those fighters all share is elite level conditioning. natural athletes.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBoxingBanger View Post
      Damn Speed, your going in on Negro hard.

... I have to say I agree with you though. Floyd didn't fight "whoever they put infront of him", he selectively cherry picked his opponents.

...Is Negro one of these flomo things I am hearing about.
      believe me my man, he deserves it. and yea he is the quintessential definition of a flomo thing that you keep hearing about...

Comment

@Dazed

Originally posted by Slightly Dazed View Post
        Insecure internet kids get so caught up in worshipping only the very best ever and are so quick to call a top guy trash just because one or two guys could possibly beat him in a different era. I find most of his fights (save for the ugly Hopkins one) to be fun as hell to watch. They have a cinema-like quality to them in that he had this unbreakable will to win and just flooded his opponents with workrate. I don't care what any hater says, they're not diminishing my enjoyment of those fights one bit.
        Regardless of how many Cal-slappy people I come across, I always say who could beat the slappy punches??

Joe Calzaghe's work rate is what I enjoyed. I personally think Joe's talent was wasted in part by staying in the UK exclusively. Sure he was in the USA for his last 2 fights, but, imagine if he would have come here in the middle of his career? He would have become a world attraction on PPV.

Its a shame really. The world never got to see the best Calzaghe on the big stage against the most dominant fighters of his era.

Calzaghe was a joy to watch, because his opponents would always make fun of his punches and how they were slappy - come fight night you'd watch Joe KO 'em in spectacular fashion. They never had any shit to say post fight though. haha lol.

Comment

he was a great fighter, his fight with Hopkins showed his fighting spirit.

Comment

Originally posted by FrankieBruno View Post
            Manfredo would have died had the ref not stepped in

Comment

Originally posted by TheBoxingBanger View Post
              Regardless of how many Cal-slappy people I come across, I always say who could beat the slappy punches??

Joe Calzaghe's work rate is what I enjoyed. I personally think Joe's talent was wasted in part by staying in the UK exclusively. Sure he was in the USA for his last 2 fights, but, imagine if he would have come here in the middle of his career? He would have become a world attraction on PPV.

Its a shame really. The world never got to see the best Calzaghe on the big stage against the most dominant fighters of his era.

Calzaghe was a joy to watch, because his opponents would always make fun of his punches and how they were slappy - come fight night you'd watch Joe KO 'em in spectacular fashion. They never had any shit to say post fight though. haha lol.
              hopkins beat him, calzaghe couldn't land anything so how could you say he won? surely you don't think missing punches is a scoring criteria? also robin reid has a strong case for winning. basically anyone who uses movement and doens't just stand there with concrete feet has a chance. Then again bika beat him up and forced him to hold on for dear life because of his inside game, so anyone who is good at fighting on the outside or anyone that is good at fighting on the inside can beat him.

calzaghe said he was scared of flying

yeah that's what happened....
              Last edited by daggum; 12-21-2012, 04:10 PM.

Comment

Had to come back when I seen ''Daggum'' as the last posted lol. He loves him some Joe Cowardzaghe

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
                  Had to come back when I seen ''Daggum'' as the last posted lol. He loves him some Joe Cowardzaghe
                  someone already beat me to the manfredo gif! i know.....

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post

They actually record that as 12 punches thrown...

I mean honestly, there is one actual punch in there.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post

Lmao @ that gif
                      Joe ''The fly swatter'' Calzaghe

Comment

Working...
                      X