Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Return Of 147 As The Best Division: How Many Elite Welterweights Are There?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Return Of 147 As The Best Division: How Many Elite Welterweights Are There?

A few years ago 147 was the hottest division with boxers like Paul Williams, Mosley, Cotto, Margarito, Clottey, Hatton and of course Pacquiao and Mayweather to name a few. But, the division went through a brief drop in what could be considered as "elite" or "A-level" boxers.

It looks like 147 is truly back on the map with fighters like Amir Khan, Porter, Thurman, Maidana, Bradley, Brook all now populating the division.

Has 147 re-established itself as the best division once again and who would you consider the elite, or potentially elite, welterweights of today?
    YES: 147 is the best division
    88.89%
    NO: 147 isn't the best division
    11.11%

Porter, Thurman, Bradley, Khan, Maidana, Broner, Rios, Guerrero, Brook

And when/will Matthysse, Garcia, Molina, Alvarado, and Provodnikov move up?

The old legends: Mayweather, Pacquiao, Marquez

and then there's
    Last edited by SlySlickSmooth; 05-08-2014, 04:36 AM.

Comment

I think it's the best division ever since Pacquiao joined Mayweather in it. It seems stronger than ever now with Porter and Thurman looking so good and Maidana and Khan moving to 147 and Garcia moving up soon. There are lots of very good fighters in the other weight classes but I think 147 is the deepest and best division now.

Comment

WW has always been my fav weightclass..So yes I think it's the best div..I also think it's the deepest div..Hopefully we can get this cold war out of the way and see some great fights..

Comment

Yes its been the best division for a while. You had 4 of the 6 best fighters in the world IMO at the weight.

The ww division hasn't changed since last week. Floyd and Manny are still the only elite fighters. Obviously, with what we've seen, both have fallen closer to the pack.

Comment

Originally posted by JDD1 View Post
            Yes its been the best division for a while. You had 4 of the 6 best fighters in the world IMO at the weight.

The ww division hasn't changed since last week. Floyd and Manny are still the only elite fighters. Obviously, with what we've seen, both have fallen closer to the pack.
            Good assessment man.

For me it's tricky one to assess whether Floyd and Manny are on the decline or if the rest of the top fighters are on the rise. We'll find out if and when those match ups get made and I can't wait for those fights, there are so many great match ups on the horizon.

Comment

I think it's still the deepest division right now. It will really be interesting with Lucas and Danny moving up, we still have Bradley Khan Porter Thurman Rios Alvarado Ghost Berto (lol) Floyd and Manny.

There's tons of interesting match ups to be made

Comment

Working...
              X