No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Ray Woods – The Man in The Corner

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Ray Woods – The Man in The Corner

By Thomas Gerbasi - Guy Robb didn’t win his ShoBox debut against Joel Diaz on January 20th. But anyone who watched the two unbeaten prospects lay it all on the line for nearly seven rounds in an early Fight of the Year candidate really isn’t too concerned with the final outcome, which, for the record, was a seventh round TKO win for Diaz.

This was what boxing should be about. There was no protecting of the beloved “0” at the end of their records, no playing it safe for the Showtime cameras. What Robb and Diaz did was simply fight as if a world championship, millions of dollars, and their lives were on the line. [Click Here To Read More]

"I just want to fight the top guys, It is not about the money. You just want to see where you place. Where is your standing in your current time with all the best? The only way you can do that is by fighting the best, and that is what I do. I want to know where I place. Where do I rate with these guys? Am I really one of the best fighters out there, or am I a flash in the pan? So far, I have proved that I am one of the best out there, and I am fortunate for that. I am not a flash in the pan." ~Corrales

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
      By Thomas Gerbasi - Guy Robb didn’t win his ShoBox debut against Joel Diaz on January 20th. But anyone who watched the two unbeaten prospects lay it all on the line for nearly seven rounds in an early Fight of the Year candidate really isn’t too concerned with the final outcome, which, for the record, was a seventh round TKO win for Diaz.

This was what boxing should be about. There was no protecting of the beloved “0” at the end of their records, no playing it safe for the Showtime cameras. What Robb and Diaz did was simply fight as if a world championship, millions of dollars, and their lives were on the line. [Click Here To Read More]
      Funny how they sneak diss mayweather talking bout "protecting the O". But then give a list of excuses on why diego lost the fight. Called the man a warrior, fought like his life depended on it. But then said he was sick, going through a lot and shouldve called the fight off with Floyd??? Why not just say he got his a$$ kicked by the best WARRIOR in the sport?? too many excuses these days....thats why boxing is in the state its in...way too much d!ck riding. R.I.P diego, he was a hell of a fighter but he lost fair and square!

Comment

Castillo/Corrales 1 - best fight of a generation! R.I.P Chico

Comment

Working...
        X