Collapse
No announcement yet.

Britain Vs Latin America: Better for boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's hard to choose. Both have produced some great fighters, but I voted Latin America. The fights are more usually more exciting to watch. Morales, Pacquiao, Marquez, Barrera, Vazquez, etc.

I agree with Enemy/Friend's post. Considering the amount of great fighters that came out of Latin America compared to it's size, I'd say it's probably been better for boxing overall.

Tough one to call, and I have no bias in terms of nationality.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Comment

Aside from Lennox Lewis the rest of those guys are all hype. I'm a fan of David Haye though.

Comment

Latin America without a doubt. Puerto Rico alone have had more champs than Britain. No offense but latin america win this by a mile. i still like Hatton, Calzaghe and Haye.

Comment

To say British boxing has given more, even just in the last 20 years, is to say Lennox Lewis > Julio Cesar Chavez, Felix Trinidad, Erik Morales and Marco Antonio Barrera combined.

I don't agree with that at all.

Comment

Originally posted by F•R•K•O View Post
            It's hard to choose. Both have produced some great fighters, but I voted Latin America. The fights are more usually more exciting to watch. Morales, Pacquiao, Marquez, Barrera, Vazquez, etc.
            Pacquiao isn't from Latin America.

Comment

Originally posted by PR Boxer View Post
              Pacquiao isn't from Latin America.
              I think he ment the fights between Pacman and EL Terrible.

Comment

Originally posted by Enemy/Friend View Post
                How many world champions has Mexico and PR had combined? That stat coupled with the size of both of those places should win this argument.
                Care to elaborate?.

Mexico has a population of around 107 million.

Comment

Originally posted by Ch@mpBox@PR View Post
                  Latin America without a doubt. Puerto Rico alone have had more champs than Britain. No offense but latin america win this by a mile. i still like Hatton, Calzaghe and Haye.
                  No they haven't.

Comment

Originally posted by RED ARMY View Post
                    Care to elaborate?.

Mexico has a population of around 107 million.
                    Britain has about 66 million and puerto rico has less than seven I believe,with the amount of champions they have had even when the countries are held apart is staggering. The population difference isn't much.

Comment

Originally posted by Enemy/Friend View Post
                      Britain has about 66 million and puerto rico has less than seven I believe,with the amount of champions they have had even when the countries are held apart is staggering. The population difference isn't much.
                      I agree that it is a staggering record.

I was just pointing out that the whole of Latin America probably has twice the population of the UK.

Comment

Working...
                      X