Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was Mayweather's cheating punch an act of cowardice?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
    erik > marco
    remember when barrera clocked pac's dumb ass during a break?

sucker.......

Comment

Well it wasn't cheating because it was legal, but it was kinda cheap, only shame was it would of been a good fight, Floyd was dominating him more and more.

Comment

my team's secondary sucks
        raiders need a great cornerback.

oh wait........

Comment

Both. But as a pro boxer, it's hard to call him a coward but what he did would certainly be considered an act of cowardice.

Comment

i think it was more ortiz's fault, floyd was probabley just really pissed after the blatant butt

Comment

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
              remember when barrera clocked pac's dumb ass during a break?

sucker.......

he did TWO sucker punches off the break...he did it in the rematch...and that leaping headbutt? he did that too

raiders need a great cornerback.

oh wait........

i was watching the Eagles secondary last night and i got sad

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Sting Ray View Post
                Was Mayweather's cheating punch an act of cowardice?
                I disclaim before I answer this...I am not a "Floyd fan"

1. Floyd's punch is legal; therefore by definition not a "cheating punch"
                2. Cowardly act? Hardly, Mayweather was standing toe to toe out landing Ortiz quite frequently. If anything his act was out of anger and frustration, justifiably so.

Is it a question of ethics and morals? Yes and no.

But the ethical/moral questions goes beyond Mayweather, in fact, the question of ethics and morals should lie on the shoulders of Ortiz. Ortiz headbutt was deliberate. That is true by obvious measure. One would have ask, why make a huge stink about the elbows of mayweather? Was it a strategy? Was he trying to distract the ref and the media so that he can get away with the headbutt?

We don't know, but this post and many others, in my opinion are unfairly representing the event and aren't either telling the whole story accurately or are just simply "haters"

I agree that this was a horrible situation and the fans have been cheated out of a good show...but you can't hate the guy for taking advantage of a moment (Ortiz lapse of judgement).

Good Job Floyd................I guess.
                lol

Comment

he did TWO sucker punches off the break...he did it in the rematch...and that leaping headbutt? he did that too
                  accidental.

Comment

accidental.

accidental leaping headbutt? he had a flashback of a basketball game and thought he was jumping up for a rebound?

Comment

after a pound/hug and break i usually see fighters get in their position/stance before swinging..i guess for the sake of being on an equal playing field.

Comment

Working...
                      X