No announcement yet.

Will Mayweather retire undefeated?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will Mayweather retire undefeated?

As tremendous as his skills are, he's 36. No matter how hard you train you cannot avoid the perils that come with being an aging boxer. As Mayweather fights on, he will get slower and more and more vulnerable in my opinion. In his last 3 fights he has looked a lot more stationary, got caught badly in the Mosely fight, was getting roughed up by Ortiz who was walking through a lot of his punches.. got caught a lot more in the Cotto fight than we've seen before and was a lot less mobile.

Anyway guys what do you think Floyds chances of retiring undefeated are?

Nobody??????

Comment

I can answer this better in two weeks lol

Comment

Nope he'll hang around to long for payday.

Comment

If he fights Khan in his 'final' fight he might get outpointed to a decision.. Unless he can get a Marquez Pac style counter off.

Comment

I doubt it, only because of age.
            Most undefeated boxers never leave before its too late.
            They keep coming back because of money issues and before u know it....

Comment

Tough to say with the six fight deal.
              He beats Guerrero, then a possible Canelo-showdown in September (which I think he also wins, although Canelo really impressed me against Trout).

If he takes it easy from then on with the other 4 fights (assuming he doesn't break the contract or something, cause I could very well see him ending his career with a similar controversy), then yes, he could retire undefeated, even if the contract might see him fight until 38/39, which is a very high age for someone who relies on speed and reflexes so much.

That said, he would gain a lot of respect for passing the torch and fighting until his first defeat, but I doubt that's part of his plans...

Comment

Originally posted by CaneloMaidana View Post
                Nope he'll hang around to long for payday.
                THough I always thought this... if the money has has today, and he really does earn up to 250 mill in the next 30 months, he will be almost 39 with over 200 million...

If he goes undefeated in his next 5 fights... we will never see him again... by the time he goes broke he ll be way past it for a comeback

Comment

In his mind the possibility of earning 30-40 M will linger in his mind, I think it's common sense he won't retire undefeated, honestly...

Comment

He will lose against Canelo if Canelo wins 4-5 rounds. In fact if every round is close.. he will lose.

It's common marketing sense.. Why the hell will judges give it to a old cash cow.. when they can give it to a new future cash cow...

Floyd making money for everyone for the next 2-3 years? Or Canelo for the next 15?

Also Canelo is more liked.. people think that does not influence the judges? That does in today's boxing world.

Comment

Working...
                    X