Comments Thread For: Canelo's Trainer: Mayweather Wants a Lower Weight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by sicko View Post
    Fight at 154 with Same Day Weight In!

I think that is fair...but at Light Middleweight coming in at 172 on fight night is fukin Ridiculous...just like people criticized Chavez Jr for coming up at 180-190 on fight night
    The only problem is that promoters will never allow same day weigh in because of the potential cancellation. What happens if Canelo comes in at 158 on the day of the fight and refuses to lose weight?

Comment

• Floyd doesn't do catchweights. I guess he fights at 154 but institutes some sort of weight restriction so Canelo doesn't come in 175 on fight night.

Comment

• Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
        Like I've been saying cAnelo is too big and Floyd knows it.
        So Floyd saying no is not an option rather than a catchweight if Canelo is too big???? What happened to Floyd's statement about how he did not want to drain a fighter and is not that type of guy???

Comment

• Originally posted by StrangerInTown View Post
          Reynoso is a solid cat with great credentials and a sense of fair play.
          His comments fit the F.M. mode of operation to a tee and I suggest they are not premature observations.

Much like the implied threat that Manny posed, the Alvarez concerns could very easily create another mega fight Floyd walks away from.

He is is going to be paid an extraordinary sum for other Ghosts, ( probably Pac if he survives Rios) so why please the fans now?

He figures he risked it all with De La and I suspect he is none too eager to chance a combative prizefight at this stage of his career.

This is the price boxing fans pay for creating a monetary monster through great PPV sales with a depleted Cotto and an over ambitious Guerrero.

For Floyd the greatest challange will be retaining credibility without a faithful dance partner.
          it's boxing.... everyone's a threat..... period.

Comment

• Originally posted by SkillspayBills View Post
            Floyd doesn't do catchweights. I guess he fights at 154 but institutes some sort of weight restriction so Canelo doesn't come in 175 on fight night.

Comment

• Ok no more sarcasm.....This is a real post.

If this is true about Floyd wanting Canelo to come to 147 and also rejecting a catch weight, then Floyd is ducking.

If I was Canelo, I would agree to 147 and then come in at 154 anyway at the weigh in.
              Like Floyd did Marquez.

Just pay whatever fine because Canelo would make atleast 5-10million.
              Karma is a b-tch

Comment

• Not a good look Floyd.

Comment

• Originally posted by sicko View Post
                  Fight at 154 with Same Day Weight In!

I think that is fair...but a Light Middleweight coming in at 172 on fight night is fukin Ridiculous...just like people criticized Chavez Jr for coming up at 180-190 on fight night despite being a middleweight
                  NO. We do not get to implement new rules just because it's about Floyd Mayweather. We'll let him have the "street cred" for starting the PED testing bonanza that's going on in Boxing with lots of fights having random tests. Not on this one though.

It's not like it hasn't been done before; a guy fighting someone who is much heavier on fight night than him. So if Floyd is great, he will accomplish this not-so-special feat in facing a Junior Middleweight who is much heavier than him.

Comment

• Is anybody surprised floyds gonna duck canelo? Look at the curcus he caused just to duck pacquiao. You know FLOYD damn sure ain't gonna take a hard fight. He hasn't taken one in almost a decade with his cherry picking

Comment

• My god, these floboner responses are toecurling!

Comment

Working...
                      X