No announcement yet.

Live Fast, Die Young: The Life and Times of Harry Greb

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bazinga! View Post
    It is time for a major book on Greb to come out. I hope this is followed by a major documentary and that you make yourself a mint.
    A tie in documentary and website is planned.

Comment

I paid about $40 for the other Greb book that came out a few years ago. I do have a Kindle Fire and wouldn't mind getting another Greb book on kindle.

Comment

I read the book 'Give him to the angels' and I am also looking forward for this one. Really like the stories of Harry Greb and it's really a shame that no footage are found of him.

I once read that there was footage of Harry Greb vs Gene Tunney II (correct me if I'm wrong) because Greb complained about the lights of the cameras.

Comment

Originally posted by KidDinamita View Post
          I read the book 'Give him to the angels' and I am also looking forward for this one. Really like the stories of Harry Greb and it's really a shame that no footage are found of him.

I once read that there was footage of Harry Greb vs Gene Tunney II (correct me if I'm wrong) because Greb complained about the lights of the cameras.
          There were several Greb fights that were filmed. Unfortunately, they used nitro cellulose a material that didn't preserve as modern film. If they are fights of greb chances are that they wouldn't preserve.

The book i read was "The Fearless Harry Greb" by Paxton.

Comment

Originally posted by klompton View Post
            A tie in documentary and website is planned.
            I want to see that. Please let me know when that comes out.

Comment

Originally posted by HaglerSteelChin View Post
              There were several Greb fights that were filmed. Unfortunately, they used nitro cellulose a material that didn't preserve as modern film. If they are fights of greb chances are that they wouldn't preserve.

The book i read was "The Fearless Harry Greb" by Paxton.
              I also need to read "The Fearless Harry Greb", It's a big big shame that none of the films survived, only saw a few minutes of his training footage.

Maybe one day some fights of Greb will pop up in the future. Hopefully.

Comment

I've been waiting for this one. Bought all the others. Great stuff. I wish we had more insight from his black opponents though, since he was one of the few champions who didn;t draw the colour line.

Comment

Originally posted by klompton View Post
                  Hi Guys,

I just wanted to announce that my book on Greb is finally going to be released in June. It is 697 pages, has 553 photos (several of which have never been published), 1308 footnotes, and an appendix that includes Greb's complete record including amateur bouts, professional bouts, service bouts, and exhibitions. It is the most complete fighting record ever published for Greb and records W/L newspaper decisions based on which way the majority of ringside reports voted (no wire reports have been used which should add to the accuracy of the record). Retail Price is going to be either $39.95 or $44.95 depending on whether the book ends up being printed as either a 6x9 or 7x10. It is the culmination of 11 years of work and I really think fans of boxing and history in general will enjoy it. There is a ton of contextual material on Greb's opponents and what was going on in the sport during his career particularly in the middleweight, light heavyweight, and heavyweight divisions. I will post back here again as the release date gets closer.

Steve
                  Hi Klompton you might remember me from east side...

However I wanted to know has your book released...where can I buy it...amazon et all?

Comment

Yes please let us know when the book is officially released and where we can buy it from. It sounds great

Comment

Will there be a kindle version?

Comment

Working...
                      X