Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dwyer's Take on Rigo-Donaire

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Of course an orthodox fighter is gonna jab less against a southpaw and rely more on his right hand which is more effective because of the stance, that's boxing 101. This Dwyer guy sounds very ignorant.

Comment

Originally posted by BIg Smoke View Post
      I swear he always picks the black fighter.

LOL I was just gonna say this!!!

He also picked Bute to beat Froch rather easy then made excuses why he picked Bute.

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
        Of course an orthodox fighter is gonna jab less against a southpaw and rely more on his right hand which is more effective because of the stance, that's boxing 101. This Dwyer guy sounds very ignorant.
        I don't know what was on Dwyer's mind, but he isn't necessarily ignorant to that understanding. I watched the video only once, but what I remember is that Dwyer merely stated that Nonito doesn't land as many jabs against southpaws, not why. He used that observation as support for his statement that Donaire would have to rely on power shots versus Rigo, thereby leaving himself open versus a deadly counter-puncher.

Comment

Can't say I've come across anyone better on YouTube. Strictly from a gamblers standpoint. His breakdowns are also very well constructed. Not always right, but who is ?

Comment

Originally posted by sdcluser View Post
            That is his MO. Pick underdog which he deemed with favorable odds and hedge.
            Yes pretty much, then when he's right 1/10th of the time, he boasts about his analytical skillz even tho he's more wrong then right.
            Last edited by Russian Crushin; 02-25-2013, 03:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
              I don't know what was on Dwyer's mind, but he isn't necessarily ignorant to that understanding. I watched the video only once, but what I remember is that Dwyer merely stated that Nonito doesn't land as many jabs against southpaws, not why. He used that observation as support for his statement that Donaire would have to rely on power shots versus Rigo, thereby leaving himself open versus a deadly counter-puncher.
              He clearly doesn't know that, since he thinks it's a flaw to jab less against a southpaw and rely on power shots even though most boxing heads will tell you it's what you SHOULD do. Not to mention that Donaire is a guy who thrives on throwing power shots, that's what his whole game is about, and Rigo been touched up and stunned with power shots. It's a horrible analysis period.

Comment

I don't know what to make of this. Dwyer has made some high profile blunders. Like someone mentioned he always picks the underdog, so he's bound to get one right eventually. His hedges are barely playable.

His best picks have been Judah over Paris and recently Thompson over Price.

But those are 1/20 that he gets right.

I'll name some really bad predictions of his...

Luis Del Valle over Vic Darchinyan, straddled with Darchinyan by KO. The result? A complete wipe out, Darchinyan won every round.

Orlando Salido to Beat Mikey Garcia. This one was especially bad. Cause he was adamant that Salido would give Garcia a boxing lesson and the complete opposite happened.

The Haye Klitschko fight, where he really liked Haye in the fight. Well we know what happened there...

We can go on and on..

He usually backs up his opinion, which I respect. But Like he always says the opinion should be your own.

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
                  He clearly doesn't know that, since he thinks it's a flaw to jab less against a southpaw and rely on power shots even though most boxing heads will tell you it's what you SHOULD do. Not to mention that Donaire is a guy who thrives on throwing power shots, that's what his whole game is about, and Rigo been touched up and stunned with power shots. It's a horrible analysis period.
                  You're right.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuban Linx View Post
                    I don't know what to make of this. Dwyer has made some high profile blunders. Like someone mentioned he always picks the underdog, so he's bound to get one right eventually. His hedges are barely playable.

His best picks have been Judah over Paris and recently Thompson over Price.

But those are 1/20 that he gets right.

I'll name some really bad predictions of his...

Luis Del Valle over Vic Darchinyan, straddled with Darchinyan by KO. The result? A complete wipe out, Darchinyan won every round.

Orlando Salido to Beat Mikey Garcia. This one was especially bad. Cause he was adamant that Salido would give Garcia a boxing lesson and the complete opposite happened.

The Haye Klitschko fight, where he really liked Haye in the fight. Well we know what happened there...

We can go on and on..

He usually backs up his opinion, which I respect. But Like he always says the opinion should be your own.
                    Stop, you're scaring me. lol

Comment

I remember he picked Margarito over Pacquiao.

He's alright. Wrong quite often, but he at least explains his reasoning and usually makes some amount of sense.

Honestly, I agree with this one. I think either Rigo outboxes Donaire or gets KO'd.

Comment

Working...
                      X