No announcement yet.

John Murray : Another British Hypejob Bites The Dust

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by daggum View Post
    i begged murray to retire before this fight but now he's gone and destroyed his legacy.
    This is a looooooooooong prime you're in, man.

Comment

Originally posted by Hard Boiled View Post
      John Murray is a domestic level fighter that made the longest running undefeated record in British boxing, He did that being fed a string of journeyman like the famous Yousef Al Hamidi a Syrian political asylum seeker and full time ice cream van driver who outboxed him!

Murray hype then goes overboard and he couldnt even beat a domestic fighter coming off a loss who hadnt fought for 14 months and yet was calling out Rios and Khan. He was even touted as the next Ricky Hatton!

Why do the British always over hype their fighters? People like Mitchell and Murray get all the hype yet authentic world class fighters like Khan cant get a mention in a British newspaper because of his race!
      Khan was always in the papers. Then he left the UK becuase of tax reasons and no body outside of boxing cares about him anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Konitz View Post
        Errr, yeah, they did. Plenty peeps talking up his chances over Mitchell in the last week. These things happen in stages. Had he somehow navigated Mitchell, by a stroke of favorable officiating or some twist of fate, he would've had a bunch more people on board. Manc ticket-seller gets a bunch more fans, move onto the next brand-building stage.

Like I said, not a fully blossomed hypejob, but a budding one. Just not good enough to get past the prelim stages of world-class. And so his hype is nipped in the bud, thank goodness.
        Where? I have seen no Murray hype on here. Stop making ***** up. People may have thought he could beat Mitchell but most people with any sense knew that if Mitchell came right, he'd win.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
          Where? I have seen no Murray hype on here. Stop making ***** up. People may have thought he could beat Mitchell but most people with any sense knew that if Mitchell came right, he'd win.
          I haven't made anything up. I read this forum every day, and plenty of Brits were getting carried along and going with the 'he'll roll over Murray' line. Some even admitted after the fight that they'd overestimated his level.

You don't get bizarrely unrealistic odds like that, BTW, without some hype and manufacturing going on.

Did I say Murray had the full weight of the British sporting consciousness on board already? No. I said he was starting to win converts to the hype. Budding hypejob, now derailed. The end.

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Konitz View Post
            I haven't made anything up. I read this forum every day, and plenty of Brits were getting carried along and going with the 'he'll roll over Murray' line. Some even admitted after the fight that they'd overestimated his level.

You don't get bizarrely unrealistic odds like that, BTW, without some hype and manufacturing going on.

Did I say Murray had the full weight of the British sporting consciousness on board already? No. I said he was starting to win converts to the hype. Budding hypejob, now derailed. The end.

I have seen no real evidence of this so called Murray hype but whatever.

Comment

From what I can tell it seem that the British are very, very desperate for a young white boxer who is world class to come along. They banked on Kevin Mitchell who was blown away by Michael Katsidis, They banked then on John Murray who had the longest undefeated streak against journeymen in the UK. Ricky Burns is totally featherfisted, Froch is old and is on the verge of defeat against Andre Ward.

It really is sad that the British would rather build up a hypejob because he is white, Instead of supporting someone who is already world class because he is Asian like Khan. The British are renowned for grabbing defeat from the jaws of victory.

The next British hypejob in the making: Frankie Gavin.

Comment

Working...
              X