No announcement yet.

Cuban program training,drills....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by #1Assassin View Post
    you are spot on. most cubans shadowbox atleast 20 rounds a day.
    not sure where you got that from, bit of an exaggeration from what i have seen/know, but yeah shadowboxing is taken way more seriously over there and done in larger quantity usually

Comment

Originally posted by frosty-g View Post
      the cuban school of boxing does definitely place a greater emphasis on shadow boxing than is the case in gyms in other countries - people think i'm daft how much shadow boxing i like to do back in england, but it works well.

just shadow boxing is not enough though - the cubans built upon the soviet system and their sport science and made the technical and tactical elements of boxing a scientifically rationalised programme with a solid methodology with strong foundations in pedagogical science and psychology. the individual coaches and gyms are part of an overarching "cuban school" and share information and ideas at the national boxing commission - the ideas spread throughout the gyms of the island and develop in their own way. fierce competition drives each coach and gym/team to develop further and in its own way.
      general culture influences the sport more heavily in cuba than in most places (music and the infamous natural sense of rhythm that the cubans have for example) and the diverse culture in cuba gives variety across the island, with a shared set of core principles.

do they boll*cks train much like the USA etc. not in the slightest
      Very, Very well said hermano! I was going to log out but i read this and had to complement you for your understanding, research and passion. Are you sure your not Cuban? If not you are now a Honorary upstanding Cuban! Much respect hermano

Cheers Mate

Comment

ha ha thanks mate, yeah i kinda aleady got accepted as being "Cuban" - a way of thinking rather than a nationality as such it seems sometimes.

i lived there for a year and go back a bit as well, did my undergraduate dissertation on the Cuban School of Boxing (it turned out not so good coz the write up was rushed) but i did a LOT of research and became a qualified Cuban coach in the process.

i've seen plenty of good posts from your good self so keep up the good work!

Comment

What does cubans learn on the start? Or if i go to Carlos Miranda what he will start learning me? And is it possible to do 2 trainings a day and invidual?

Comment

Originally posted by mnikolovm View Post
            What does cubans learn on the start? Or if i go to Carlos Miranda what he will start learning me? And is it possible to do 2 trainings a day and invidual?
            main thing is getting footwork and balance correct initially, but the methodology has evolved quite a lot recently, kinda hard to explain, but rather than a slow but very methodical series of steps, now there is a quicker beginning going through a lot of different things creating the "image" of the boxer, then refining everything using a modified version of the steps method.

yeah, 2 trainings a day is usually fine. individual also, but obviously it is good to have someone to box with so other guys will get pulled in here and there anyway.

Comment

Ok, but is it possible to meet Alcides Sagarra ?

Comment

Originally posted by mnikolovm View Post
                Ok, but is it possible to meet Alcides Sagarra ?
                most things are possible in Cuba, i've never met him but i never tried to. met a good few interesting people from the boxing world though.

Comment

Ok, thank you but any other info?

Comment

The Cuban program is like this. Make those paratroopers box in the Olympics until the age of 33 and pit them against young college boys from other countries. Reward them with a communist standard issue bicycle for every gold medal they win.

Comment

Originally posted by upstart777 View Post
                      The Cuban program is like this. Make those paratroopers box in the Olympics until the age of 33 and pit them against young college boys from other countries. Reward them with a communist standard issue bicycle for every gold medal they win.
                      Yeah like robeisy Ramirez the teenager just won gold eh..?
                      Let me guess - you're from a country that didn't win a single gold eh??

Comment

Working...
                      X