No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Jessie Vargas Training For Alfonso Gomez Clash

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by southpaw_07 View Post
    he doesn't need any skills to beat Gomez . Gomez got a terrible stamina and will fight good for the first 3 RD's and that's it.
    I've never really seen Gomez have stamina issues, can you ellaborate on which fight? (I thought Gomez stamina was better than Alvarez's was in their fight)

At any rate, certainly Alfonsos stamina is miles above Jessie's at this point though.... from what I've seen of Jessie. And Gomez has taken on by far the tougher comp, by miles. The veteran "should" take this one, if he hasn't lost heart (or he doesn't get cheated). Unless Jessie has improved by leaps and bounds since his last fight, I don't see him beating Gomez IMO. Just depends what Gomez shows up.

Comment

JVs looking good. Put in all the hard work now, and the fight will remain easy! Big things agwan for the future no doubt.

Comment

Originally posted by Lorily View Post
        I've never really seen Gomez have stamina issues, can you ellaborate on which fight? (I thought Gomez stamina was better than Alvarez's was in their fight)

At any rate, certainly Alfonsos stamina is miles above Jessie's at this point though.... from what I've seen of Jessie. And Gomez has taken on by far the tougher comp, by miles. The veteran "should" take this one, if he hasn't lost heart (or he doesn't get cheated). Unless Jessie has improved by leaps and bounds since his last fight, I don't see him beating Gomez IMO. Just depends what Gomez shows up.
        It's somewhat tough to call on the stamina. Gomez has lost his legs somewhat in a few fights(Feliciano III, Jesus Soto-Karass, and Ben Tackie fights for examples), but he still throws a lot of punches with less movement, so I don't if it's so much a loss of stamina rather than just getting tired naturally and something having to give with his high volume punching style in the later rounds.

Should be a good matchup. I favor Gomez as well, but the two fighters are very similar in a lot of ways so I expect it'll be competitive.

Comment

I think Floyd is the only person that thinks Vargas is good. He is exciting but average at best overall.

Comment

Working...
          X