No announcement yet.

Boxingscene Movie Reviews Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mr Ehrmantraut View Post
    Glad to see quite a few agree with my opinion of Argo, End of Watch and Prometheus. Embarrassingly overrated.
    Yeah Prometheus was hot **** on a platter. It wasn't a good film.

Comment

• Just watched this 8/10:

If you're fans of the first 2 Ip Man movies with Donnie Yen then you won't be disappointed. I preferred Donnie Yen but Tony Leung did his thing regardless.

Also watched Comes a Bright Day 8/10 & Ill Manors 9/10. Two really good movies.

Comment

• I started getting in to some asian foreign films lately I've watched The Raid: Redemption, Oldboy and Nameless Gangster

All good movies

I'd give The Raid and Oldboy 9/10 and Nameless Gangster 8/10 possibly 9 all worth watching

Comment

• Originally posted by RVABoxer View Post
          I started getting in to some asian foreign films lately I've watched The Raid: Redemption, Oldboy and Nameless Gangster

All good movies

I'd give The Raid and Oldboy 9/10 and Nameless Gangster 8/10 possibly 9 all worth watching
          I've seen those two & they're nuts!!! I'll have to check the other. If you like those then check out Merantau (with the same guy from The Raid) The Thieves, Flash Point (Donnie Yen), Azumi, & True Legend.

Comment

• Originally posted by Knicksman20 View Post
            I've seen those two & they're nuts!!! I'll have to check the other. If you like those then check out Merantau (with the same guy from The Raid) The Thieves, Flash Point (Donnie Yen), Azumi, & True Legend.
            Sp1ke Lee is making a remake of Oldboy this October. I haven't liked a Sp1ke Lee film since Inside Man and he hasn't had a really really good film since Malcolm X, but he's got Josh Brolin and Samuel L. Jackson for his version of Oldboy. Could be good.

Comment

• Looking forward to these movies....

It's an old horror classic, though I don't really like the old one all that much to be honest. Should be interesting to see how this turns out. Could be good, could be awful.

Also looking forward to Man of Steel, Iron Man 3, The Internship.

Comment

I started getting in to some asian foreign films lately I've watched The Raid: Redemption, Oldboy and Nameless Gangster

All good movies

Some more Korean gems for you.

A Dirty Carnivale is a gangster epic is, quite a bit better than Nameless Gangster.

Comment

• Originally posted by Knicksman20 View Post
                  Thanks yea i was wondering if he was in anything else worth watching thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by Mikhnienko View Post
                    Some more Korean gems for you.
                    Thanks I tried to DL I Saw the Devil but the only one i found was in a foreign language I'm gonna have to check these out

Comment

I tried to watch Hunger Games fell asleep and don't regret it. Have you seen Battle Royale? Kinda the same plot but better (I'm assuming from what I know about hunger games) and came out before.

I honestly thought End of Watch was great, maybe I'm easy to please lol, but it was intense and held my attention.

I just watched Man with the Iron Fists the other night I wasn't very impressed with that I was expecting better.
                      Battle Royale was a great movie.

Agree. Wasn't that impressed with Man with the Iron fists.

Comment

Working...
                      X